News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

TheBugGenie

Started by Joshua Dickerson, May 06, 2012, 07:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua Dickerson

A while back the SMF team decided that our existing bug tracking system did not match our needs. So, we began looking for a better solution. We found TheBugGenie (TBG) which matched our needs much better. The only problem is, we have this existing system with thousands of bugs logged and is integrated with SMF. So, we worked on an integration and a converter... which we never finished.

That's where you come in. We are looking for help writing the converter and working on the integration. Both are on Github and are open sourced.

If you would like to get involved, feel free to fork those repositories and post here. I will give you as much information as I can and help you out in any way I can. We'd love to move quickly on this and will be releasing it under an open source license.

Thank You,
Joshua Dickerson
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

The Craw

TBG is nice. Much more modern than Mantis. :)

Matthew K.

It definitely is. It'd be awesome if someone could finish it up so we can move on.

SleePy

As a side note.  When I last tested the integration many months ago, it was fully working.  The converter has some flaws but did kinda work.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Joshua Dickerson

The reason I asked for help with the integration is because there is 3.2 out now with a lot of changes.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Robert.

I like the bug genie a lot. :) It's a good move :)

Advertisement: