News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Confused with editing Message View

Started by Incantatio, September 20, 2011, 09:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incantatio

Hello there.
I was hoping you could help me, I'm having a nightmare. I've recently bought a domain and installed SMF on it with the Subaccounts mod and the SimplePortal mod. Now, it's all about ready to run but I dislike the way things are on the side of each topic. For example, I want to jig things around a bit and have things like the Group Icon below the Avatar instead of above it like it currently is.

I cannot for the life of me find the file to edit never mind what exactly to edit, all I can find is ways to make a full customised profile, not the one in the sidebar of the topics and PM system. Apparently, this is called "message view" on SMF.

Anyone can point me in the right direction?

ElusiveEagle

If you are using the default theme (Curve), then you'll want to look in three places for the code responsible for the membergroup image/"stars":

• Display.template.php: Around Line 274 you'll find the code of interest beginning with:
<li class="stars">', $message['member']['group_stars'], '</li>';
  • PersonalMessage.template.php: Around Line 216, look for the same code as above.
  • Profile.template.php: Around Line 64 you'll find the code of interest beginning with:
<span class="position">

Advertisement: