Nothing happens upgrading 2.0 to 2.0.1

Started by dcltdw, September 21, 2011, 06:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcltdw

The "SMF 2.0" did not change at the bottom of the page, even though it says it was installed correctly.
My Admin center still says I need to upgrade.
When I run the upgrade again, I get "already installed".

Any tips on what I should try?

Thanks so much in advance!

Crowtree

Mine didn't either until i logged back in later...

Branko.

If after refresh also shows the same, see here only error in index.php , maybe..also see in Administration Center>Support Information>(more detailed)
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

dcltdw

Tried logging out and back in again.  No change.

When I go to Admin -> Main -> Package Manager, I see:
QuoteA few security vulnerabilities have been identified in SMF 2.0. You can install this patch (click here to install) to install the security patch for SMF 2.0.

I click on the link and get:

Package downloaded successfully
The package has been uploaded successfully

SMF 2.0.1 Update[ List Files ][ Install Mod ]

I click on Install Mod and see:

Install Mod
This package is already installed, and no upgrade was found!

You should uninstall the old version first to avoid problems, or ask the author to create an upgrade from your old version.

Please remember to always make regular backups of your sources and database before installing mods, especially beta versions.

Any help, please?  It looks like part of the system thinks I'm at 2.0, but the package manager thinks I'm at 2.0.1.

Illori

your copyright says you are using what version?

if you go to the package manager and click on the advanced link what version does it show? if other then 2.0.1 [given your copyright says 2.0.1] click revert and save the page.

dcltdw

Quote from: Illori on September 22, 2011, 10:49:12 AM
your copyright says you are using what version?

SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines

if you go to the package manager and click on the advanced link what version does it show? if other then 2.0.1 [given your copyright says 2.0.1] click revert and save the page.

Sometimes packages are locked to early versions of SMF but remain compatible with a newer version. Here you can choose to "emulate" a different SMF version within the package manager.

Emulate Version: SMF 2.0
Revert
Apply

So should I revert to 2.0 and then try the upgrade again?

Illori

it cant hurt to revert to 2.0 there and try again.

dcltdw

Illori

all it would do is make sure the text is correct and you save the page and try again. if that does not work you can always try the large or small upgrade package depending on mods you have installed, or you can do the edits manually to do your upgrade.

dcltdw

Okay, keen.  Should I uninstall all my mods before upgrading to 2.0.1?

Illori

you dont have to if you use the large upgrade package and run upgrade.php

dcltdw

Sweet, thanks!  I'll give that a shot.  :)

Illori

dont forget to take a backup just in case

dcltdw

Okay, next dumb question.

I've uploaded the tarball and unpacked it into smf/Packages/smf_2-0-1_upgrade
I cd into that directory and run php upgrade.php
It fails, saying it can't find Settings.php

I'm guessing I need to have untar'ed this into somewhere else.  Do I want to untar it in my smf/ directory, clobbering everything in its path?

Illori

you need to make sure all the files you have uploaded override the existing files, then run the upgrade.php script. you do not upload or extract the files into the packages folder.

dcltdw

Sweet, that appears to have worked.  Thanks muchly for all the help!  :)

zap275

I'm seeing the exact same thing here.  Tells me to update, when I do, it says it completes successfully, but doesn't change the copyright, and doesn't appear to have taken effect at all.  Just as those above, I get the same screens they are getting.  I have tried to revert to v2.0, but again, nothing happens and I get the same thing when I go to the package manager.  Further, I did try logging out and back in only to see no difference.

TIA for any help

Illori

please start your own thread this thread belongs to someone else and is marked solved.

Advertisement: