Where do I edit auto emails sent out?

Started by Snuffy, September 22, 2011, 06:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snuffy

I am running SMF 2.0.1 and have TinyPortal installed with it.

I am looking for the file I need to edit/look into for the mentioned reasons below.

I would like to know if when I go to Admin and Members and have a new member that has signed up and after a while of say 10 days they have not returned to activate their account and if I pick the send email and reject where can I edit the information in the email that is generated and sent to them?

I have looked in many of the .php files and have not been able to locate the location to edit and would like to know where I can look and edit or at least see what information is sent to someone that is not activating their account.

Thanks for any input on this in advance . . . . . ;)

Snuffy

Illori

try email.<language>.php in the themes/default/languages folder

Snuffy

THANKS! Illori for the fast responce!

That looks like the file I was looking for, now to go through and find the area I want to look at and maybe change the wording to.

Then again maybe not!

Just wanted to see what was being sent with the diff types of responces built into the system . . . .  ;)

Angelina Belle

Search on "mail".  That should help track it down, I think.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Ozzie

Of coarse you could always use this mod, (does what it says on the tin) i too am using smf  2.0.1 and it works perfectly although i did load it whilst i was running rc5 so i would suggest loading it via rc5 emulation if yo have any problems

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2926

Good luck

2000+ games available to download

Angelina Belle

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: