News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

I need help

Started by Don Houston, September 29, 2011, 10:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Houston

So I was trying to install the Members Award mod, not all that successful.  But I manage to screw up my header links.  I no longer have the forum link.  It should have said Home | Forum| ....  the Forum link is gone.

See below pic

How do I get that back?

Sir Osis of Liver

The menu button array is in /Sources/Subs.php.  If you installed/uninstalled the mod, the uninstall may have replaced Subs.php with an earlier backup that doesn't include the button edit.  If you have a current backup of Subs.php, upload it to your server, otherwise you'll have to add the button again.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Don Houston

And how would I do that?

Sir Osis of Liver

How did you originally add the button?

- R. Waters

Don Houston

It was there when I installed it.  I did not do anything to remove it.  I even downloaded the package and reinstalled the subs.php file and still the same error

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't know which theme you're using, but standard button array includes a 'Home' button that returns to forum main index page (like top of this board), and no 'Forum' button.  Some users change 'Home' to link to their website homepage, and add a 'Forum' button to return to forum main index.  That's done by editing Subs.php, or using a mod (don't remember which one), that let's you do same thing.

The Package Manager makes a backup copy of any file it changes when installing a mod, and restores the original code when the mod is uninstalled, but if the installation failed, it may not have done that correctly, and seems to have reinstalled an earlier backup that doesn't include the added button.

If you don't have a copy of Subs.php that includes the 'Forum' button, you'll have to add it again.

- R. Waters

busterone

It appears that you are using a portal. Portal mods use [Home] for the front page and create a [forum] button for the main forum.
If it was there immediately before you installed the members award mod, there is a backup of your /Sources/subs.php located in a zip file in your /packages/backup folder.
The zip file will be named using the date and the words before member awards mod
example-  2011-09-28_before_member_awards.tar.gz     or something very similar (I haven't used that mod)
Download and extract the archive and you will find a copy of subs.php as it was immediately before the installation. You can search it to see how the forum button was coded, and then you can add it in to your present subs.php

Don Houston

I do not see the subs.php in the portal mod I am using

Sir Osis of Liver

Subs.php is in forum /Sources/.  It's modified when you install the portal, but it's not portal code.

- R. Waters

Don Houston

I tried that already.  It did not work

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Don Houston

Sir Osis of Liver

Something's wrong with the portal install. Subs.php is seeing the portal as disabled.  If you do the edit shown in the 'forum' button code, it reappears.

// All the buttons we can possible want and then some, try pulling the final list of buttons from cache first.

global $adkportal;
$adk_stand_alone_url = isset($adkportal['adk_stand_alone_url']) ? $adkportal['adk_stand_alone_url'] : $scripturl;
$home_url = $adkportal['adk_enable'] == 2 ? $adk_stand_alone_url : $scripturl;
if (($menu_buttons = cache_get_data('menu_buttons-' . implode('_', $user_info['groups']) . '-' . $user_info['language'], $cacheTime)) === null || time() - $cacheTime <= $modSettings['settings_updated'])
{
$buttons = array(
'home' => array(
'title' => $txt['home'],
'href' => $home_url,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
'is_last' => $context['right_to_left'],
// 'target' => '_blank',
),
'forum' => array(
'title' => !empty($txt['foro']) ? $txt['foro'] : 'Forum',
'href' => $adkportal['adk_enable'] == 2 ? $scripturl : $scripturl . '?action=forum',
//'show' => !empty($adkportal['adk_enable']),
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

- R. Waters

Don Houston

OK, I need to figure out where to put that.  Can you tell me what line it stats on, or tell me what to find and if I need to post before or after

Sir Osis of Liver

Attached is your Subs.php with the above edit.  Bear in mind this is a workaround - you really should determine what the problem is with the portal, as it may show up elsewhere.

- R. Waters

Don Houston

Thanks I appreciate it.  It worked.

Thanks to all who helped..

talkingpalac

myself facing problem in write permission for various file.. its not able to change from FTP or manually. please help me out for that.

busterone

talkingpalac, you need to start your own support topic. This one is marked as solved.

Advertisement: