News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

FreshLooks - MultiColor

Started by Ricky., October 01, 2011, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

The white strip you are pointing using red rectangle is not part of FreshLooks, added by some so how can I suggest what to change if I have not added it.

shazoo!

actually, it is. I figured it out.

I edited index_black.css and altered the body margin:

body
{
background: #fff;
font: 78%/130% "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", sans-serif;
margin-top: 11px;
}

thanks!

peejay1881

I am using the Fresh Looks theme for our forum and have noticed that a lot of mods will not work.. Things like bookmark and google search make the whole page turn into numbers and symbols and make a huge green bar? Am I doing something wrong??

Ricky.

If any mod which is specially made for Curve theme and modifies header part then they may not work. It is because the header is completely different than the curve theme. You may need to do manual changes in those cases.

Cat McFarlane

Hi Ricky :-)

I'm having an issue where the top green menu bar buttons vanish if they move down to a second invisible bar just beneath. Image I've attached shows I've selected a button I know is there ... there are 2 more buttons meant to show as well ... this is ipad view, but most of my forum users are on phones/tablets.

Seeing this error too ...

http://dsden.org/index.php?/topic,134.new.html
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: hide_sign
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/dsdetllb/public_html/Themes/freshlooks/index.template.php
Line: 614

Thanks, Cat  :)

Ricky.

The error you are seeing is because there is not enough space left in menu area.
It can be fixed:

Code (find) Select

#main_menu {
    font-weight: bold;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 0 0.5em;
    width: 40%;
}

Code (Replace with) Select

#main_menu {
    font-weight: bold;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 0 0.5em;
    display:inline-block
    width: 40%;
}

Also. .

Code (Find ) Select

.f_double {
    background: #478F00;
    border-bottom: 4px solid #BCE27F;
    border-top: 4px solid #BCE27F;
    color: #2E2E2E;
    height: 22px;
}

.f_double {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #478F00;
    border-bottom: 4px solid #BCE27F;
    border-top: 4px solid #BCE27F;
    color: #2E2E2E;
    min-height: 22px;
}

Also the error you showed, I am not able to find in package uploaded, infact there is no line number 614 in actual index.template.php

Siirist

Quote from: Shambles on February 11, 2016, 02:33:47 PM
Why not ask the theme author? Ricky was on last week.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=454450.0

Hi Ricky,

I danced through the Stickys and How TOs, but of course, got lost. :-[

Simply want to know how to go from attachment #1 to attachment #2. They are set at 1300px wide (which I thought was good).

The theme is your theme "Fresh Looks" ~ Green

The Header image was found using Google images "Labeled for reuse"

The Logo was cut from SMF Default Theme

The "Quick Log In" was cut from SMF Default Theme

I thank you in advance (as this may be simple, or it may be difficult.  ???)

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Ricky.

Its just a co-incident that I decided to check for replies to some of my old posts.  Have been away from SMF for a while.
Anyways, what you asked is easy but will require lots of changes in header part including code as well as CSS. My suggest is go somewhere middle and add your full banner as background in middle header. Here is what you need to do ..
In index_green.css
Code (find) Select

#f_sitename {
background:#fff;
overflow:hidden;
}

#f_sitename {
background: url(images/header-bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
  -webkit-background-size: cover;
  -moz-background-size: cover;
  -o-background-size: cover;
  background-size: cover;
}

Have not tested but should work where images/header-bg.jpg is your banner file.

Siirist

Thank you Ricky.  :D

That should do the Header Background.  ;)

Any thoughts about where I should post about getting the Logo and "Quick Log In" moved to the corners?  ::)

Thank you again.  :)

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

Siirist

Well darn. That didn't work.  :(

I downloaded and made the change to the
Themes/1068/css/index_green.css, saved it, and uploaded (after saving the existing index_green.css that was on the server to index_green.cssOR

I then uploaded header-bg.jpg to Themes/1068/images (without the logo or "Quick Log In" {and I just realized to get the Logo in the corner, I just upload a header-bg.jpg with the Logo in the upper left corner  Doh!  ::) )

I cleared the browser's cache and then cleared the forum cache. Nothing.

Then I realized that there is a _green folder in the images folder, so I uploaded the header-bg.jpg to that folder. Still nothing.

I then used Firebug to look at the index page and then went to CSS and then searched for "#f_sitename" and there was NO occurrence.

Hmmm

Anyone?

Be Well,
Siirist

PS - I attached the index.css after downloading the uploaded copy, AND the header-bg.jpg
Needed information:

Ricky.

Quote from: Siirist on February 12, 2016, 01:54:23 PM
Well darn. That didn't work.  :(

I downloaded and made the change to the
Themes/1068/css/index_green.css, saved it, and uploaded (after saving the existing index_green.css that was on the server to index_green.cssOR

I then uploaded header-bg.jpg to Themes/1068/images (without the logo or "Quick Log In" {and I just realized to get the Logo in the corner, I just upload a header-bg.jpg with the Logo in the upper left corner  Doh!  ::) )

I cleared the browser's cache and then cleared the forum cache. Nothing.

Then I realized that there is a _green folder in the images folder, so I uploaded the header-bg.jpg to that folder. Still nothing.

I then used Firebug to look at the index page and then went to CSS and then searched for "#f_sitename" and there was NO occurrence.

Hmmm

Anyone?

Be Well,
Siirist

PS - I attached the index.css after downloading the uploaded copy, AND the header-bg.jpg

I checked your site, header-bg.jpg is giving 404 :
http://www.asanctuary.net/forum2/Themes/1068/css/images/header-bg.jpg

Make sure image is in images folder and then change css to :

#f_sitename {
background: url(../images/header-bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
  -webkit-background-size: cover;
  -moz-background-size: cover;
  -o-background-size: cover;
  background-size: cover;
}

Siirist

Hi Ricky,

Oops,  ???
Didn't realize that the header-bg.jpg needed to be in that location, so I went to css folder, created images folded and uploaded the header-bg.jpg.

What I forgot is that since February 9th, I have not been able to upload images without them breaking.   :o

Put in a support ticket with host on the 11th, and the 12th, but I am still waiting for a reply.  :-\

I will have to come back to this after my host decides to behave.  Grrrr    >:( 

Thanks again for your time in this matter.   :)

Most Sincerely,
Siirist
Needed information:

Ricky.

You don't have to create Images folder, is should be there.
ie. in forum root, look for :
Themes/1068/css/images/

cuongvttt

Hello bro Ricky,

Can you help me to edit header of the theme named FreshLook in SMF 2.0.15
This theme is here https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2497

I want to edit the header that looks like these images below, because I need a small header and more spaces in header.

Thank you so much bro Ricky.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: cuongvttt on December 13, 2018, 10:45:08 PM
Hello bro Ricky,

Can you help me to edit header of the theme named FreshLook in SMF 2.0.15
This theme is here https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2497

I want to edit the header that looks like these images below, because I need a small header and more spaces in header.

Thank you so much bro Ricky.

You have to edit the css of the theme, what is the url of your site? to tell you what to change.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

cuongvttt

Hello bro Rock Lee,

I'm so happy to hear that and I appreciate it.

This is my forum http://vietnetwork.vn/

I want a small header, so I need to move login, register, seach box down as I described in those images, and then remove the shrink button.

That's all.

Thank you so much bro Rock Lee.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: cuongvttt on December 17, 2018, 01:45:06 AM
Hello bro Rock Lee,

I'm so happy to hear that and I appreciate it.

This is my forum http://vietnetwork.vn/

I want a small header, so I need to move login, register, seach box down as I described in those images, and then remove the shrink button.

That's all.

Thank you so much bro Rock Lee.

Sorry I did not have a lot of time to try it but it should work, I'm sure I'll edit something in the css. Make a backup first by the doubts or try it beforehand. You have to edit in the index.template.php of the theme in the line: 182-243 You have to see it this way. <div class="user">';

// If the user is logged in, display stuff like their name, new messages, etc.
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
{
if (!empty($context['user']['avatar']))
echo '
<p class="avatar">', $context['user']['avatar']['image'], '</p>';
echo '
<ul class="reset">
<li class="greeting">', $txt['hello_member_ndt'], ' <span>', $context['user']['name'], '</span></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>';

// Is the forum in maintenance mode?
if ($context['in_maintenance'] && $context['user']['is_admin'])
echo '
<li class="notice">', $txt['maintain_mode_on'], '</li>';

// Are there any members waiting for approval?
if (!empty($context['unapproved_members']))
echo '
<li>', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'], '</li>';

if (!empty($context['open_mod_reports']) && $context['show_open_reports'])
echo '
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=moderate;area=reports">', sprintf($txt['mod_reports_waiting'], $context['open_mod_reports']), '</a></li>';

echo '
<li>', $context['current_time'], '</li>
</ul>';
}
// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...
elseif (!empty($context['show_login_bar']))
{
echo '
<script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/sha1.js"></script>
<form id="guest_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" ', empty($context['disable_login_hashing']) ? ' onsubmit="hashLoginPassword(this, \'' . $context['session_id'] . '\');"' : '', '>
<div class="info">', sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']), '</div>
<input type="text" name="user" size="10" class="input_text" />
<input type="password" name="passwrd" size="10" class="input_password" />
<select name="cookielength">
<option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
<option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
<option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
<option value="43200">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
<option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" class="button_submit" /><br />
<div class="info">', $txt['quick_login_dec'], '</div>';

if (!empty($modSettings['enableOpenID']))
echo '
<br /><input type="text" name="openid_identifier" id="openid_url" size="25" class="input_text openid_login" />';

echo '
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
</form>';
}

echo '
</div>';

You have to put it on line 248 in the following way echo '
<div class="user">';

// If the user is logged in, display stuff like their name, new messages, etc.
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
{
if (!empty($context['user']['avatar']))
echo '
<p class="avatar">', $context['user']['avatar']['image'], '</p>';
echo '
<ul class="reset">
<li class="greeting">', $txt['hello_member_ndt'], ' <span>', $context['user']['name'], '</span></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>';

// Is the forum in maintenance mode?
if ($context['in_maintenance'] && $context['user']['is_admin'])
echo '
<li class="notice">', $txt['maintain_mode_on'], '</li>';

// Are there any members waiting for approval?
if (!empty($context['unapproved_members']))
echo '
<li>', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'], '</li>';

if (!empty($context['open_mod_reports']) && $context['show_open_reports'])
echo '
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=moderate;area=reports">', sprintf($txt['mod_reports_waiting'], $context['open_mod_reports']), '</a></li>';

echo '
<li>', $context['current_time'], '</li>
</ul>';
}
// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...
elseif (!empty($context['show_login_bar']))
{
echo '
<script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/sha1.js"></script>
<form id="guest_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" ', empty($context['disable_login_hashing']) ? ' onsubmit="hashLoginPassword(this, \'' . $context['session_id'] . '\');"' : '', '>
<div class="info">', sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']), '</div>
<input type="text" name="user" size="10" class="input_text" />
<input type="password" name="passwrd" size="10" class="input_password" />
<select name="cookielength">
<option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
<option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
<option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
<option value="43200">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
<option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" class="button_submit" /><br />
<div class="info">', $txt['quick_login_dec'], '</div>';

if (!empty($modSettings['enableOpenID']))
echo '
<br /><input type="text" name="openid_identifier" id="openid_url" size="25" class="input_text openid_login" />';

echo '
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
</form>';
}

echo '
</div>';

and you may not see anything because it lacks height in the box, please tell me if it happens to edit the css.

Regards!

cuongvttt

Hello bro Rock Lee,

Thank you so much for helping me.
Please help me to edit this file, I uploaded on here.

Thank you bro Rock Lee again,

-Rock Lee-

Try this and see how it goes.

Regards!

cuongvttt

Hello bro Rock Lee,

- Thank you so much for your big help but I didn't like that header.

1. I just want to move the login/register form down to the right.
     2. I just want to move the seach box down to the right under the login/register form.
     3. Delete the big orange whole area in the header, including the shrink button, delete all of it.

- I uploaded two images on here, please take a look bro.
    1. After trying your help and I got the result showed in the first image named 1. Result and Unexpected. Yes, I didn't like this header :)
    2. All I want is in the second image named 2. Expected. I want to keep the blue area and delete all the black area I marked.

Thank you so much bro again.

Have a good day, bro.

Advertisement: