News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

YaBB 2.4 to SMF 1.1.14

Started by Tonyvic, October 02, 2011, 06:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyvic

Hi all,
I'm another of those trying to escape the YaBB fiasco! ::)
After 25 hours the converter finally completed with the 'congratulations' message.
However I have a big problem with attachments, pictures in posts do not appear or I get the attached error.

Also in posts with zip or word attachments, each one is there over 100 times :o

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Tony

IamTheBoy

Sorry, unable to help, as my own site, successfully migrated just over a week ago, didn't have attachments (for technical reasons, not possible on my site).

Are the files there?

Tonyvic

Quote from: IamTheBoy on October 05, 2011, 02:25:24 PM
my own site, successfully migrated just over a week ago
I have been following your progress on the YaBB forum, on here & on your forum, congratulations on your efforts. :)

I must also thank you for pointing the way to achieve the YaBB 2.5 to SMF 2.0.1 conversion, & for persuading me to give it a shot.

QuoteAre the files there?
They are all in the Attachments folder & database, so it looks as if the SMF recoding gets confused in the process.

As no ideas have been suggested, it looks as though I will have to manually upload the attachments to the relevent posts after I go live with SMF.
There are only 1,200 of them, so shouldn't take me more than a week or two! :o :'(

Apart from that the conversion went well, now learning how to configure everything.

IamTheBoy

Tonyvic

Quote from: IamTheBoy on October 08, 2011, 05:50:14 PM
good luck with your migration :)

Thanks IamTheBoy,
Have now upgraded to 2.01, so far so good! :)

Tony

IamTheBoy

Quote from: Tonyvic on October 10, 2011, 05:36:00 AM
Quote from: IamTheBoy on October 08, 2011, 05:50:14 PM
good luck with your migration :)

Thanks IamTheBoy,
Have now upgraded to 2.01, so far so good! :)

Tony
Good news :D

Advertisement: