im just having all kinds of problems wow??

Started by Just Naughty, October 05, 2011, 08:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziycon

No, they can't de-active the domain once registered. Your best to look at the Hosts, Hosting and Commercial Services for information on a good host.

Just Naughty

Quote from: ziycon on October 05, 2011, 06:08:53 PM
No, they can't de-active the domain once registered. Your best to look at the Hosts, Hosting and Commercial Services for information on a good host.
Let me try to explain better. First of all i did look at that section but i don't know anything about hosts and stuff whats a good host whats a bad one i have no idea what bandwith and all that stuff means so yeah.. thats why i posted the information found by one of the threads in that section asking for advice because if you or anyone else thinks thats a good deal and is less likely to be crappy like the free host i have now then i might switch but not unless someone thinks thats a good host so once again i will supply you with the information and ask again to see if someone has the brains to answer it instead of bore me with story time

GOOD HOST OR NO?

Beginner Hosting:
--------------------------------
Web space - 1,000mb
Bandwidth limit - 15,000mb
1 FTP account
5 Email account
1 MySQL account
unlimited Sub domains
1 Parked domain
1 Addon domain

$3.99 Per month

Illori

who is offering that package? you can ask your host if you can transfer the domain elsewhere but you may face issues. that package seems very cheap for what it offers, which often is not a good thing.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 05, 2011, 06:27:03 PM
who is offering that package? you can ask your host if you can transfer the domain elsewhere but you may face issues. that package seems very cheap for what it offers, which often is not a good thing.
Thanks for the price advice and also it was from this thread

Just Naughty

I've been doing some more research and I've come to like this one, like I said I know nothing about this hosting stuff, but the price is within my budget, and the reviews seem pretty nice, but i want the opinion of someone who knows more about this stuff then I. so here is a screen shot in which i have highlighted the package I would be purchasing now can you tell me do you think it would be worth it / not a scam and would I be getting my money's worth. because like I said i know nothing about how much bandwidth is a reasonable number so could you please give me your opinion on this hosting service? and also here is the thread in case you want to look at it

Illori

MonteCarloHosting.Net hosting is a good host, and if that package fits your needs go ahead and get it, i dont know much about the other host you mentioned.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 05, 2011, 07:01:09 PM
MonteCarloHosting.Net hosting is a good host, and if that package fits your needs go ahead and get it, i dont know much about the other host you mentioned.
OK I'm hooked   ;)

However, there is one small problem I'm having a bit of a difficulty copying the files that are in my current c panel and trying to put them into a folder which i can upload to the c panel when i get my new hosting service... because i had actually just finished my forums ; making boards, editing member-groups, permissions, icons, themes, portal, etc. and I really don't want to re-do all of that, and my last question is... If i, well the real question is WHEN because i already know I'm going to switch hosts when i can afford it but when i switch hosts um and upload the files to my new c panel do i have to re install my forums? or can I just throw the files into my URL directory folder within the c panel and hope to god that my forum's show up?

(BTW: thank you for the answers you have given me, sorry if i might have gotten mad at you, I'm just very frustrated with my current host, and I know it is unacceptable to take it out on you as you are trying to help me, hence why I'm apologizing, and I'm not trying to be a suck-up.)

Illori

have you looked at How do I move my SMF forum to a different host? ? that should have almost everything you need to know, also ask the new host if they include in the package moving your files and setting you up on their server, many hosts offer this service for free.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 05, 2011, 07:27:16 PM
have you looked at How do I move my SMF forum to a different host? ? that should have almost everything you need to know, also ask the new host if they include in the package moving your files and setting you up on their server, many hosts offer this service for free.
Thank you so much for all of your help, I think I've found the hosting service that I'm going to use (Monte-Carlo) and it wouldn't have been possible without your help. Thanks!  ;D

Just Naughty

Could this possibly be the causing factor to my problem where it says "server not found" ?

ADDITIONAL INFO : in my settings.php it shows as the database = "naughtys_forums" and user = "naughtyS" but appearntly there is no user by that name anymore? idk? im confused but could this possibly be wahts causing my forums to say "server not found" ?

Illori

i dont see where it says in that screenshot that a server is not found.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 06, 2011, 03:45:54 PM
i dont see where it says in that screenshot that a server is not found.
I know but could it be that it's trying to use the wrong database or something? because how come the database that i have my forums supposdely set on show "0mb" or whatever? and how come it has the red x?

Illori

the x is to remove the user from the database, have you loaded your database on the server? that would be the only reason it has a 0mb size.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 06, 2011, 03:51:03 PM
the x is to remove the user from the database, have you loaded your database on the server? that would be the only reason it has a 0mb size.
I don't exactly know what "the server is" like i said im  a newbie at this stuff...

Illori

is this the new host you got? if so have you asked the host if they would set you up?

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 06, 2011, 03:54:22 PM
is this the new host you got? if so have you asked the host if they would set you up?
no this is still my old host.... but im weary on changing because it might be my fault.. because heres the whole story.... i first tryed to install my forums.... i made a database and stuff but my forums got messed up.. so i went and deleted the database or at least i thought i did and then i made a new database and took the files out of the folder in my public_html and re uploaded the installer package and then re installed my forums under a new database and database user... so could that possibly be the problem?

Illori

i dont think that should cause problems, as long as everything matches up so things can be read/written by the correct users/applications

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 06, 2011, 03:54:22 PM
not to mention i downloaded vertigo serv because someone told me i sohuld... so could that also be affecting the problem? like i said im a complete newbie at this stuff... and the guide was kinda confusing so i might have messed something up but idk

Illori

did you install that on your server or just on your pc? if not on the server it would have no affect on this.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 06, 2011, 04:00:29 PM
did you install that on your server or just on your pc? if not on the server it would have no affect on this.
what is the "server" and how do i install it to it?

Advertisement: