News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFPacks SEO Mod

Started by Nibogo, October 10, 2011, 08:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texan78

Quote from: Nibogo on September 03, 2012, 07:22:52 PM
After I did the release I only had one reply from you which was replied the day after, and it took me 15 days (not a month) to check the code. From May 28 to June 13 as you can't expect to do a release for such a complex mod, specially knowing that the release I did was including a lot more than just this issue.

In any case I can't use this website to discuss about pro versions, I had a delay with this, but I think it's working pretty well now. Let me know if you want to discuss it even further.

You were released a update for the mod in whole as a benefit for yourself, not a direct resolution to my issue that is still not resolved.

If you want to argue that it took you 15 days and not a month to respond. I could have at least had some kind of communication within that 15 days to at least state you were looking into it. You want to take 15 days with no communication but yet you want to mark my issue resolve after 13 days of no response? You can take two weeks but others who paid cannot? That is bad business to just leave a customer hanging like that who PAID for a mod plus poor customer service.

Pretty Actions still do not work correctly - (Gave up on it since it was a headache)

Page Titles still do not work - (Was blamed on my server when wasn't the case. Found a mod that WORKED to take it's place)

Now the Google Analytics Data doesn't work because it appears the URL to Google has changed and is throwing back Error: Not a valid response (404) url: https://www.google.com/analytics/feeds/accounts/default and nothing has changed and it was working fine previously.

That is just a couple of examples I have many more.

For anyone else, don't waste your time or money with this mod. It has not helped my forum one bit. It misses several key fundamental SEO techniques. 

Nibogo

Quote from: Texan78 on September 04, 2012, 10:54:29 AM
You were released a update for the mod in whole as a benefit for yourself, not a direct resolution to my issue that is still not resolved.

What? How could I benefit from an update?

If you want to argue that it took you 15 days and not a month to respond. I could have at least had some kind of communication within that 15 days to at least state you were looking into it. You want to take 15 days with no communication but yet you want to mark my issue resolve after 13 days of no response? You can take two weeks but others who paid cannot? That is bad business to just leave a customer hanging like that who PAID for a mod plus poor customer service.

I never toll you not to reply after I closed the ticket, as I said you were able to re open it.

Pretty Actions still do not work correctly - (Gave up on it since it was a headache)

Quite weird you are the only one complaining about it

Page Titles still do not work - (Was blamed on my server when wasn't the case. Found a mod that WORKED to take it's place)

They are working perfectly fine in latest version

Now the Google Analytics Data doesn't work because it appears the URL to Google has changed and is throwing back Error: Not a valid response (404) url: https://www.google.com/analytics/feeds/accounts/default and nothing has changed and it was working fine previously.

I can't confirm that at the moment, but if they changed the url you can't blame me for it. If it's a real issue it's going to be fixed in the next release

No, you don't.

For anyone else, don't waste your time or money with this mod. It has not helped my forum one bit. It misses several key fundamental SEO techniques.

I'm pretty sure you know nothing about SEO if you're saying that

Texan78

Quote from: Nibogo on September 04, 2012, 07:48:22 PM
What? How could I benefit from an update?

It's a PAID app, the better and more stable you make it the more appealing it will be for people to want to purchase it. Which means money in YOUR pocket. So how would you not benefit?

I never toll you not to reply after I closed the ticket, as I said you were able to re open it.

I did! It went ignored for a month with no reply so I gave up. No communication what so ever that you were investigating it or anything. I don't demand support for something free. But if I PAY for something then yes I demand support and communication in a timely manner. Especially if it is causing problems with my forum. Time is money and I don't like anyone wasting ether.

Quite weird you are the only one complaining about it

Go click on WxScripts and Gallery from the menu, does it look like it's working to you? I asked you about this too months ago and it was ignored. Do you remember? Maybe that was another problem you blamed on my server because you didn't know what was wrong.

http://www.wxconnection.com

If you want to see this on a Vanilla board with just the SEO and Gallery mod then here you go.

http://test.wxconnection.com/index.php

Same problem....

They are working perfectly fine in latest version

On a vanilla board sure, but not on a board with other mods. No worries, I found another solution that works correctly with other mods.

No, you don't.

Nofollow doesn't work nor does it work with the Anti-spam links.

Author Tag under meta tags isn't formatted correctly to work with social media sites. Not to mention the meta tags doesn't alter the current header tags. They are added in which creates redundant meta tags. Search Engines hate this.

XML Sitemap throws errors

http://www.wxconnection.com/sitemap/xml

Should I go on? Because I can... It's your money, not mine

I have 45+ mods installed perfectly and running with no problems and tested the forum throughly for months before launching. This mod is the ONLY one that has issues and conflicts with anything. You don't care to hear it or want to make it better. If it works for you or no one says anything you don't care. People are going to install mods, this isn't going to be the only one used.

I'm pretty sure you know nothing about SEO if you're saying that

No? Damn well I guess all those years working for Google and 34+ years in Web Development has been a waste.

What's funny is you've responded more to this thread then you have my actual "Support Ticket".

Nibogo

1. It's because you've folders with the same name of the action.

2. I don't know what anti spam links is.

3. If you don't like how meta tags are being created you can disable those, but they are working just fine for me and others.

4. Latest version does not have issues with xml if style file has proper permissions

Texan78

Quote from: Nibogo on September 04, 2012, 11:23:35 PM
1. It's because you've folders with the same name of the action.

Ok, I see what you're saying and that makes sense. What is a work around for that because I am sure there are others who use these same mods?

2. I don't know what anti spam links is.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2404

3. If you don't like how meta tags are being created you can disable those, but they are working just fine for me and others.

The meta tags work fine, but they are not formatted correctly for integration with social networks. Example, even though it isn't right by FB and no fault really of this mod. FB uses meta property instead of meta name which throws error in the linter for Author. It also wouldn't hurt to have these statically set in the index template instead of being called dynamically from a sources file.

4. Latest version does not have issues with xml if style file has proper permissions

I am using the latest version of 1.1.16. Where are these permissions set?

Angelina Belle

This topic (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=455524.0) is for discussion of the mod SMFPacks SEO mod, which is free to download from the simplemachines.org website.

The author has his own forum for the discussion of the paid version of this mod.

Thank you for keeping your comments on topic.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Texan78

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 05, 2012, 12:09:22 PM
This topic (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=455524.0) is for discussion of the mod SMFPacks SEO mod, which is free to download from the simplemachines.org website.

The author has his own forum for the discussion of the paid version of this mod.

There is no difference between the free and the paid exception for a couple extra things.

The issues I am having are released in the free mod. So the resolution could help others.

With that said, I am offer $100 paid up front to someone who can make Anti-Spam Links mod compatible with this one since the Mod Author has ignored my requests after I offered to hire is services and pay for it but has ignored the request.

Therefore the offer is open to anyone else who is willing to accept the offer.

-Thanks!

Kacper

Hi!

Is this MOD good working on 2.0.2?
Will be further developement?

Mallorca

bsteamy wrote about hxxp:smfhacks.com [nonactive] owner Nibogo and the smf seo pro mod:
QuoteNot only that you are lousy businessman, but you lie as well.....
...If you had time issue because of personal things, you could say something about it, not let buyers wait 3 or 4 days for replay. Speed of your reply doesn't really mean anything anyway, since they are worthless. It is very interesting how you found time right away to reply very quickly to critic in public forum

I can confirm that...

I bought this mod for my 6 year old forum and I am very disappointed and angry about very bad support and behavior of hxxp:smfpacks.com [nonactive] and Nibogo. I always had pretty urls, never any problems with my forum - until I tried to install smf seo pro mod. I bought it after upgrading smf 1 to 2 because I was looking for seo mod.  So I paid 40 Dollars but unfortunately I didn't read this thread before buying it...

Urls are not pretty now and its not so nice in the eyes of google, but hxxp:smfpacks.com [nonactive] made urgency for this ticket is low. Thats not the kind of support I expected when I bought this product! And its ashaming that hxxp:smfpacks.com [nonactive] answered >>Please do not bump support requests<<. We have more than 20.000 customers and I myself look for open tickets about 30-40 times a day - also in the evening or at weekend, whenever I am sitting in front of my Computer. satisfied customers are the best advertisement for every company. Our response time is between 30 and 90 minutes at the working ours on 365 days a year

There are two big problems we have with this mod:

1. Mod doesn't edit .htaccess after activating Pretty URLs. So I asked for .htaccess code for following settings:

{boardname}/{boardid}
topic{topicid}

May be there is anybody worldwide who has positive experience with this mod and can give me the .htaccess code or several examples?

Second problem are german umlauts (ä,ö,ü,ß)  which aren't shown in the URL. Does anybody know how to fix it?

But when hxxp:smfpacks.com [nonactive] and Nibogo care about their customers in the way I have learnd -may be it's better to throw this 40$ mod into the rubbish...

I am very, very angry about there behavior, really! This is simply outrageous!

Mallorca

Now, one day later there is still no progress.

I am considering filling a criminal complaint against these guys from hxxp:sfmpacks.com [nonactive]. They sell srap and do not give a toss for bug fixing. It is a real scandal!  >:(

Nibogo

1. I think pretty urls are good enough for google.
2. The german issue is going to be fixed in the next release, but I cannot do a quick release that I can publish in a day or two.
3. Well I don't have as much time as you for support requests. I cannot offer them the way you want to. Sorry about that.

I won't reply any further reply in this forum as moderators are going to delete them and warn me about it. Ticket already replied

Mallorca

QuoteTicket already replied

In ticket-reply you say: "First of all, I never gave any time for support requests...And sorry, but I cannot offer ten minutes replies if that is what you are looking for." and nothing else which is helping me solving the problems caused from your mod.

If your are unable to support your products in an useful way you have to write this on your website that buyers know that!

Mallorca

I just installed new SMF Forum with core theme / language english and installed SMFPacks SEO Mod - Pretty URLs don't work.

So, I can only disadvise from waisting time and money in hxxp:sfmpacks.com [nonactive] product. I will now filling a criminal complaint against hxxp:sfmpacks.com [nonactive] and Nibogo. This is fraud and I will not accept this!

humbleworld

Is this MOD compatible with version 2.0.2?

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

impreza

This super-mod - thank you
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Powerslaved

On one of my themes it asks me to replace this line in index.template.php

<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>

and replace it with

if (!empty($modSettings['seo_enable_sitemap']))
         echo'
            <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=sitemap" title="', $txt['seo_sitemap'], '"><span>', $txt['seo_sitemap'], '</span></a></li>';

echo'
         <li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>

Ive searched for line to replace it but its not there

BillLeeDee

Has anybody REALLY gotten this p.o.s. mod to work?

I created a test forum to see how it would work after (regretfully) purchasing it. Nothing but headaches would be the accurate description of the results I got. Downloaded the "beta" version which soiled my test forum from here to kingdom come. After having the author "tweak" the code it appeared stable enough to try on my real forum, although if I touch a single setting it appears to break on contact!

I then attempted to install it on my live forum. I ended up bouncing in and out of maintenance for several hours before I decided this thing has no right even being published in my opinion. URLs break, the error log fills up non-stop and who knows how many endless 404 errors. As you can tell by now I've reached the end of my rope fighting with this ridiculous excuse of a mod.

I purchased this strictly for the URL formatting aspect and I just discovered a freeware mod that does the same thing without any of the errors this thing creates. I'd like to hear how others have made out with this as I only feel at this point it was $50 bucks wasted on this thing.

averageangler

I solved the Error "no connection to facebook found" in my mod installation by adding a trailing slash / to my URL in APP setting on Facebook.

It is a great MOD!!  :D Thanks to the developer!! :D

Advertisement: