News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks SEO Mod

Started by Nibogo, October 10, 2011, 08:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibogo

I reply everywhere when I find time for it, if you can't wait until I've time to check as it looks like your server admin wasn't able to fix it, sorry, but I won't leave my duties in college for it. It's not critical as disabling that features leaves everything else (including all the other features of my mod) working

navneet

Hi,

Can some one help me out i have installed SMFPacks_SEO_Pro_Mod just few times ago and from that time my gallery is now showing up the images. There seems to be url rewrite issue , when i unchecked the Enable Pretty URLs option then all work fine .
My forum is located here

Thanks,

Rust

I've been looking over the Pro mod offering.  Has anyone installed this and seen an increase in traffic?  Worth the cost and time to install?

Any feedback would be great.  Thanks. :)

Segnali

Hello, I see the thread was started several months ago...is this mod still good for SEO?

Thanks

kitti

Hello!

I installed the light version and this error keeps appearing into my error log:
This errors are caused by an GoogleBot.

Im using smf 2.0.2

http/index.php?action=sitemap;xml;b=88Datenbankfehler: Unknown column 'b.member_groups' in 'where clause'

SELECT hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_topic, m.poster_time, t.num_replies
FROM smf_messages as m, smf_topics as t
WHERE hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_board = 88
AND (FIND_IN_SET(-1, b.member_groups) != 0)
AND hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_msg = hxxp:t.id [nonactive]_last_msg
ORDER BY m.poster_time DESCDatei: /is/htdocs/wp10987751_P86YNHEPGX/www/sb/Sources/Subs-Seo.php
Zeile: 229

I don't know what do do and I would appreciate a little help.

Greetings Kitti

pss7

any reviews to the pro plugin?
I'm not sure if I should buy this or the other

I just see that the author violates the gpl - does not make any good impression, but I can ignore his licence.

Rust

Quote from: pss7 on July 02, 2012, 03:42:40 PM
I'm not sure if I should buy this or the other

Which other are you considering?

Madchen

If you use it with SSI.php you get broken links from your site to forum. It's pain in ass.
Any idea how to fix this?

I'm trying with str_replace to convert regular link to seo... like replacing '(), and other signs with empty space but i don't have list of all signes...

James---

Something is wrong with seo.php. The old URL's doesn't get redirected properly.
Een forum starten in 5 stappen: http://www.waardevolleartikelen.nl/?p=4 (mijn visie)

Texan78

Quote from: Nibogo on August 18, 2012, 02:39:38 PM
Lite version does not convert links, so you're in the wrong topic

Nether does the paid Pro version.

James---

Since we bought this mod a few months ago, we've had tons of problems with it.
There's no money back guarantee. Support is not very bad, but the problems are indeed a pain in the ass.
Een forum starten in 5 stappen: http://www.waardevolleartikelen.nl/?p=4 (mijn visie)

Texan78

Quote from: James--- on August 30, 2012, 02:57:10 PM
Since we bought this mod a few months ago, we've had tons of problems with it.
There's no money back guarantee. Support is not very bad, but the problems are indeed a pain in the ass.

same here but I have not be able to get any of my issues resolved.

James---

We found a solution at the forum a few minutes ago: http://www.smfpacks.com/b48/frequently-asked-questions/1000/msg5401#msg5401

Just keep sending them tickets. Don't give up. You paid for your mod,
so you have the right to take advantage of it. There are always solutions.
That's their responsibilty. They must deliver what they promise.

Texan78

LoL, thanks, I just gave up on them and found other solutions.

They wanted to always blame it on my server and I knew 110% that wasn't the case because I was able to find other solutions that did the same thing and it worked perfect.

I just know I won't purchase anything else from them.

Nibogo

Quote from: James--- on August 30, 2012, 04:36:24 PM
We found a solution at the forum a few minutes ago: http://www.smfpacks.com/b48/frequently-asked-questions/1000/msg5401#msg5401

Just keep sending them tickets. Don't give up. You paid for your mod,
so you have the right to take advantage of it. There are always solutions.
That's their responsibilty. They must deliver what they promise.

The issue you had is resolved there, and all the other issues you had were resolved. I think you're being really unfair here.

Quote from: Texan78 on August 30, 2012, 05:07:16 PM
LoL, thanks, I just gave up on them and found other solutions.

They wanted to always blame it on my server and I knew 110% that wasn't the case because I was able to find other solutions that did the same thing and it worked perfect.

I just know I won't purchase anything else from them.

If I ain't wrong I did an update fixing the issue you had with titled links, I also asked information for the other issue, and in 13 days I had no reply, so I closed the ticket with the following message:

"Marking as resolved, if you've further issues please re-open it."

Texan78

Quote from: Nibogo on September 02, 2012, 10:39:35 AM
If I ain't wrong I did an update fixing the issue you had with titled links

Which I replied it still didn't work and it went unreplied for weeks.

Quote from: Nibogo on September 02, 2012, 10:39:35 AMI also asked information for the other issue, and in 13 days I had no reply, so I closed the ticket with the following message:

"Marking as resolved, if you've further issues please re-open it."

You had no response in 13 days because because it took you a month to respond in which I had given up after a month of no response and looked for other solutions Since I have funding for this project and wasn't going to wait for a fly by night operation in which I paid for.

Nibogo

After I did the release I only had one reply from you which was replied the day after, and it took me 15 days (not a month) to check the code. From May 28 to June 13 as you can't expect to do a release for such a complex mod, specially knowing that the release I did was including a lot more than just this issue.

In any case I can't use this website to discuss about pro versions, I had a delay with this, but I think it's working pretty well now. Let me know if you want to discuss it even further.

James---

QuoteThe issue you had is resolved there, and all the other issues you had were resolved. I think you're being really unfair here.
I don't think i'm unfair. We had many problems with the SEO mod. Look, I don't want to complain here, I understand that you worked very hard to create this mod for the community. I really, really appreciate that, because SMF itself isn't as search engine friendly as it could be.

I have a major problem now. Host put our forum down, because of the CPU usage. I'm going to send you a new ticket now.

Advertisement: