News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Subscription Payment going to wrong PayPal

Started by emmanova, October 11, 2011, 09:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmanova

Ok I've been searching and cannot find the exact problem I am experiencing. When I started using the Subscription option I started to use my personal email account for paypal. (my personal email). Recently I created a Paypal account for the car club. So I went to Subzription settings and changed the email from my personal to the car club one.

I noticed that people renew or pay for their subscription. I get an email saying I received a payment, minutes later I receive an email:

The following error occurred when processing a paid subscription
---------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.

The account doesnt get renew or activated as a subscription. When I go to the car club paypal no payment is there but when I go to my personal the payment is there. I checked the Error Log and I can see the problem but dont know how to fix it. All the information about the payment, subscription, member, etc is correct but I noticed that under business and receiver_email is still pointing to my personal instead of my car club email.

I cannot find anywhere to change this email to the correct one, I think is embedded somewhere in the database.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If someone does a completely new subscription, does it work correctly?
If someone renews a subscription, do they do it manually or through the paypal recurring payments?
Have you made sure the paypal address for subscriptions is correct in the forum settings, and that the IPN settings are correct on that new paypal account?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

emmanova

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 11, 2011, 09:36:38 AM
If someone does a completely new subscription, does it work correctly?
If someone renews a subscription, do they do it manually or through the paypal recurring payments?
Have you made sure the paypal address for subscriptions is correct in the forum settings, and that the IPN settings are correct on that new paypal account?

Thanks for the fast reply.

- I haven't tested a new subscription
- The renew is done by the SMF not by the PayPal renewal. Like I mentioned I can see the whole process in the Error log. Meaning the Subscription feature is trying to Auto Renew. But is sending the Payment to the wrong Paypal email account and Im sure is failing because when it tries to confirm the emails dont match.
- Yes I know the PayPal settings are right because I compared them, I went trough every setting since I am started to get this error and the IPN is working because the Donation Add-On works and it requires the IPN to be on.

I think what I need to find is how to change that email address that is embedded somewhere.

Thanks in advance

Sir Osis of Liver

The Paypal email address does not exist in smf_log_subscribed, which contains the member subscriptions data, or smf_subscriptions, which contains the subscriptions info.  The only place I see it is in smf_settings, and it updates when you change the payment address.

The "unknown transaction type" error occurs when any payment other than a subscription is made to the account.  If IPN is enabled, an IPN is posted to the notification url regardless of the source/purpose, and the subs handler doesn't recognize it and throws the error.

It is not necessary to have IPN enabled for paid subs.  Subscriptions-PayPal.php sends a notify_url to Paypal, which contains the return url to your forum's subscriptions.php, and it overrides IPN settings.  Doesn't matter what they are.

If you are disallowing guests from browsing the forum, subs won't work.  It's a bug, and there's a simple fix posted elsewhere on this board.

Here - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=454176.0

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

emmanova

Thanks Krash but the problem im having is that the payment. Is still going to the wrong paypal account.

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't see how.  If the Paypal email address is correct in Admin -> Paid Subs -> Settings, then it's correct in the db, and that's where Subscriptions-PayPal.php will send it.  Are you running the PaypalDonations mod?

- R. Waters

emmanova

Yes that's why is not making sense to me since there is only one place to change it and I did. I do have a donation addon but that is going to the right account.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Not familiar with the Treasury mod, but it's likely to be the cause of the problem.  Try uninstalling it and see if subscriptions work properly.

Don't know why you're using an addon for donations - Paypal gives you the code you need to add a donations button, and it doesn't interfere with the forum.

- R. Waters

emmanova

Quote from: Krash. on October 11, 2011, 05:54:03 PM

Not familiar with the Treasury mod, but it's likely to be the cause of the problem.  Try uninstalling it and see if subscriptions work properly.

Don't know why you're using an addon for donations - Paypal gives you the code you need to add a donations button, and it doesn't interfere with the forum.

I am using treasury because it gives me a record of who paid bt member, also when a member gives a donation their group gets change to donation. I doubt is the mod since that work fine and payments are going to the right place. Also the error log I see in the forum shows the whole subscription transaction but it shows the wrong email.

Sir Osis of Liver

PM one of the errors (all of it) so I can see what you're getting.

- R. Waters

emmanova

Quote from: Krash. on October 11, 2011, 06:09:31 PM

PM one of the errors (all of it) so I can see what you're getting.

Im on my phone but when I get home I post the error here. I have to edit some info since it contains sensitive information but it will give you the idea of the problem.

emmanova

Here is the error log I get. Please be aware that I had to edit the email address for security purpose. When I first setup the subscription I used my personal email ******@gmail.com and it was working fine. Then I changed it to ******@xecofl.com in the Subscription settings but as you can see in the Error Log under business and receiver emails it keep saying ******@gmail.com

When I check my gmail paypal account the payment is there instead of the xecofl.com payal account. Why it keep going to my gmail account even after I changed the PayPal email to xecofl.com thats the part that I am getting confuse and dont know how to fix it.

http://xecofl.com/forum/subscriptions.php
Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.
transaction_subject:
payment_date: 06:49:10 Oct 10, 2011 PDT
txn_type: subscr_payment
subscr_id: I-9CDC9XMXJRSC
last_name: "lastnameofmember"
residence_country: US
item_name: Xtreme Membership Subscription
payment_gross: 3.00
mc_currency: USD
business: ******@gmail.com
payment_type: instant
protection_eligibility: Ineligible
verify_sign: A96dKwCYsMA3hCqADuhQGVlvebMhAaneT800e8rHC3JQlGP9tGTszvmq
payer_status: verified
payer_email: ******@yahoo.com
txn_id: 29J944716G911494V
receiver_email: ******@gmail.com
first_name: "Nameofmember"
payer_id: CYL58RNPJB89A
receiver_id: MSM5HNFU7ZJA4
item_number: 1+372
payment_status: Completed
payment_fee: 0.39
mc_fee: 0.39
mc_gross: 3.00
charset: windows-1252
notify_version: 3.4
ipn_track_id: ANvG4rX52vHgdO0OiEeNKg

Sir Osis of Liver

I need the error header to see where it's coming from.  Would help if you could set up a temporary admin account that I can use to check your settings and look through your error logs.

- R. Waters

emmanova

Quote from: Krash. on October 11, 2011, 11:27:59 PM

I need the error header to see where it's coming from.  Would help if you could set up a temporary admin account that I can use to check your settings and look through your error logs.

How can I get the error header. Even tho I appreciate a lot your help since I dont see a support team watching this thread. Hope you understand I cannot give you an admin access :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Header looks like this -

Guest                                                         October 11, 2011, 07:29:15 AM
   66.211.170.66                                           bcc8da8ab0efdf92d255fb37408d385e
                                                                     Type of error: General 

- R. Waters

emmanova

Here:

10-10-2011, 08:49:26
39edc8c79f7ea9896b20630b5ee00c30
Type of error: General

IchBin™

Quote from: emmanova on October 12, 2011, 12:29:00 AM
Quote from: Krash. on October 11, 2011, 11:27:59 PM

How can I get the error header. Even tho I appreciate a lot your help since I dont see a support team watching this thread. Hope you understand I cannot give you an admin access :)

I think the problem is that not many people use or understand the subscriptions feature. While the Team may not be posting, you can be sure that team members watch the development boards. I've been tracking this topic to see what comes. krash has posted pretty much everything I would have thought of so... we'll just have to see I guess.

While krash may not be a team member, and I'm not going to suggest you do give him admin, I would like to point out that he's been helping people around here pretty consistently. He's even reported and posted some proposed fixes for a couple of bugs, including one with the subscriptions feature in the last little while.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Sir Osis of Liver

Thanks for that paid kind endorsement.  ;)

Ok, if I understand the problem correctly, this is what we have:

- In Admin -> Paid Subscriptions -> Settings the 'Paypal email address' is  ******@xecofl.com.
- When you subscribe, the 'Order' button lands you at the ******@gmail.com account at Paypal.
- Payment is successful, but subscription fails.

Next thing to do is:

- Get into phpmyadmin from your cpanel.
- Load the forum database, and select the smf_settings table.
- Look for paid_email_to and paypal_email fields.  What are the values?
- Search the database for ******@gmail.com.  Make sure you search the entire db, not a selected table (click on the db name at top of page). 

- R. Waters

Advertisement: