News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What is the best Portal of SMF?

Started by ebayron, October 12, 2011, 04:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

yeah... probably... but then you went and decided to re-write the entire software.   I much prefer my lazy-man method of letting others do the coding and allowing me to use their work. :)

than again, doesn't wedge actually have some of the things which are considered "portal features" built into the core product?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quoteyeah... probably... but then you went and decided to re-write the entire software.

Yup. There are a number of architectural issues that couldn't be fixed without significant rewrites (e.g. even down to the unoptimisable query in the ban system) and it would have irked me to keep working around those.

Quotethan again, doesn't wedge actually have some of the things which are considered "portal features" built into the core product?

Sidebar, yes. There is some stuff we've talked about that would drastically expand that too.

everest9

well all need something new and special, simple portal is good but something you like to text something new and special

Eathuis

I think, in my opinion, SimplePortal is the best option out of the portals for SMF that I have seen.

Although personally I don't use portals for my forums as I see no use for them (at this point in time).

Jim88

I tried Simple Portal and it was good but it took away the responsive mode on my mobile access. 
Besides that it was great. 
Went to EZPortal.  If they ever get the responsive issue sorted maybe I will go back to them. 

Advertisement: