Installing arcade

Started by Bigguy, August 12, 2005, 04:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

While trying to install arcade 1.1.3 on smf 1.0.5 it tells me my database needs upgrading. I tried php 4.4.0 and there is an error while installing it. Is there an upgrade for the database ?

tentronik

Yes look into the root folder for a file starting with "arcade" at least in 1.2.1 it is there and fixes missing db entrys and other stuff.
If you have this file make a db backup afterwards run it from your browser.

Hmm what you mean with the php eror?
Can you post the complete error message might be you have an out of date php version on your server?

Bigguy

no the php version on the server was just updated last night. Thats why I had to do all this because there were problems with php 4.4.0 on the server and my smf 1.0.3 Now I have smf 1.0.5 and am trying to install the arcade again but there is a message that comes up saying that I need a database update.

[Unknown]

That means the mod isn't installed properly.  This is a third-party modification, so you'll get the best information looking at the topic about the mod in Mods and Packages or asking the author.

That said, you're going to want to post the ENTIRE error message.  The part that says your database MAY need an upgrade is just a guess, and is wrong in this case (instead the database error is being caused by the arcade mod.)

-[Unknown]

Bigguy

I upgraded the database and installed the arcade but now I get this message:

QuoteTable 'bigguy_smdb.smf_games_category' doesn't exist
File: /home/bigguy/public_html/smf/Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 299

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

tentronik

Hi,
ok basicly read the last 5-6 pages of the official arcade mod topic (page 7x-8x).
In your fourm root folder is an arcade file - check with your ftp client if its there its called arcade_sql.php.
If its in place make a database backup and safe it somewhere (just in case this mod is a little buggy atm).
Then point your browser to this file.

If the script gives out errors please post them here.
Also go to the package manager and click the mod uninstall option -> then see if there are any red messages telling you missing files or something (dont press again uninstall, this is just to see is all files of at least the default theme is modified by the install arcade script).

Cheers

Bigguy

I cant uninstall it because while it is in my package manager the smf arcade and the shop both tell me to install but they are already installed. So I cant uninstall them

tentronik

You might consider a fresh install then or manual remove.
Manual means removing the added lines from the scripts and delting the shop and arcade smf database tables(which is not nessasary).

Try make a backup of your forum (database and ftp forum files) then try overwriting the modiefied fiels from the original smf release.
This works only flawlessly if you dont have any other mods installed.
If so you need a mnaual uninstall as mentioned or you must wait for an explantion of the modder.

To see which files got edited you can go to your package manager an then click the specific package and list files.
then click the xml which contains infos about what was where added.

The shop mod really acted strange with version 1.1 beta 3 p - eg root theme folder.

Bigguy

Maybe it would help if I told you guys that I had smf 1.0.3 installed on this site and running with shop and arcade for about 4 months then the server updated and I updated with a new install of smf 1.0.5 with the original database from smf 1.0.3. I have the board up and running the shop is running and I have some mods installed like faster parse code visual warnings and such.  All works eccept I cant get the arcade to install.

tentronik

Ii suggest best is you check this topic here and check out the last 5 pages or so.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.1275;topicseen

If you dont find an answer post your problem there again.

Advertisement: