News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrade problems due to server configuration?

Started by MrMike, October 15, 2011, 01:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Change this line in upgrade.php:

$timeLimitThreshold = 3;

The value should be one tenth of what you want it (so if it's 3, that means 30 seconds, etc.)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

MrMike

Thank you. I did manage to get the upgrade to run (please see my previous post).

Thanks again for your help!

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 19, 2011, 02:59:23 PM
Change this line in upgrade.php:

$timeLimitThreshold = 3;

The value should be one tenth of what you want it (so if it's 3, that means 30 seconds, etc.)

V@no

I'm experiencing the same exact problem upgrading 1.1.15 to 2.0.1

In the php error logs I get this:
Quote[09-Nov-2011 22:41:40] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in J:\Sources\Subs.php on line 3756
[09-Nov-2011 22:41:40] PHP Stack trace:
[09-Nov-2011 22:41:40] PHP   1. {main}() J:\upgrade.php:0
[09-Nov-2011 22:41:40] PHP   2. DatabaseChanges() J:\upgrade.php:662
[09-Nov-2011 22:41:40] PHP   3. parse_sql() J:\upgrade.php:1484
[09-Nov-2011 22:41:40] PHP   4. eval() J:\upgrade.php:2439
[09-Nov-2011 22:41:40] PHP   5. text2words() J:\upgrade.php(2439) : eval()'d code:27

V@no

I've managed "fix" this by inserting in upgrade.php:
$smcFunc['strtolower'] = "strtolower";

below require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs.php');

Illori

next time V@no please open a separate thread for your issue instead of posting in someone elses thread.

V@no

You know, this is the only forum I know of, where users encouraged NOT TO SEARCH and open new topics with exact same questions.
IMO if I'd open a new topic, regardless if I had a question or an answer to someone's question, then someone else who actually tried to find an answer would have to go through one extra topic to find the answer.
And besides, this is a pretty "fresh" topic with no valid answer to the problem so far, thought it was appropriate answer it here, guess I was wrong.

Illori

we have a method here to verify that everyone has their issue resolved, so if more then one person posts in a thread we can not verify with our current methods that each person has resolved their issue, so we want each person to open a separate thread. but searching FIRST is always best and then opening a separate thread if they cant find the answer.

V@no

Unfortunately your method doesn't help others...like in this case the OP had their problem resolved, yet they didn't bother to actually tell anyone how, in fact they posted exact same "thank you" reply on two different threads (same topic)... personally that pisses me off.

There used to be a mod for 1.x where members could mark a reply as the answer to the question, would be nice have something like this here too, this would probably not only help other people but moderators with their "method" ;)
MS forums have this feature and found it very useful, you don't have to read through the entire thread to find an answer, the reply that other people voted as "answer" shows on top:
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/uk/Profile/thread/841b90fe-25ba-4e62-bea7-9a20cbe0f456

Yeah, yeah, I know I will start a new topic ;)

spu

The 'rebuilding fulltext index' issue .. (sorry for bumping a very old thread, but this was the one with most useful info on the matter)

MrMike, if you're still reading these, I'd appreciate tips on what got you forward of this point, since you said you solved it but didn't mention how. And I'm stuck there too at this time ..

Quote from: MrMike on October 19, 2011, 01:16:20 PM
After a fair amount of fussing and fighting and hair-pulling, I've got the forum up to 2.01. Took a few tries but eventually it got past the sticking point that had me stopped.

(upgrade of a forum with ~1million posts... yes, it's not fast but it's simply stuck  .. is there a way to manually override this part of the upgrade and make it build the index later or in increments?)

Ninja edit: 'Indexing topic subjects' is the part that caused it to hang in this case. So removal of lines 1604-1653 from upgrade_1-1.sql or making sure that table 'log_search_subjects' has at least 1 row of data will make it work.  ...just so that everyone who stumbles here from google search will know. :P   
(Poor coding on the upgrade script, as a board with 1 million messages is sure to fail on that kind of insert query ..)

Advertisement: