Constants attacks to server

Started by Yorel, October 19, 2011, 05:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorel

Thanks for the link butchs.

I don't understand nothing, this morning there were more than 300k connections and the navegation was very fast. Right now there are 444k and the forum goes very very slow.

How it is possible the connections never die?, It looks like it's growing until infinite!. Maybe the timeout is very high? (28800).

Attach the status.

Thanks

butchs

That depends on who is doing the connecting.  More information from a visitor log is required.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Yorel

Please, guide me about how to obtain that log.

As we've seen, it looks like PHP doesn't close the mysql connections properly. I've searched how to fix it but it's very difficult to me. Anyone knows how to troubleshoot this issue in order to confirm if it's what's happening and how to solve it?.

Thanks

青山 素子

If you've enabled persistent connections, the database connection won't be closed. Instead it will be reused. If you have not, the connection should close at the end of the PHP script execution at the very latest. If it is not and you are not using persistent connections, either PHP or MySQL is broken.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Yorel

Quote from: 青山 素子 on November 11, 2011, 11:15:31 AM
If you've enabled persistent connections, the database connection won't be closed. Instead it will be reused. If you have not, the connection should close at the end of the PHP script execution at the very latest. If it is not and you are not using persistent connections, either PHP or MySQL is broken.

Thanks for the reply. I modified the php.ini on /etc/php5/apache2, is it the correct file?. We had ON persistent connections, now it's OFF. I'll watch the number of connections as of now.

青山 素子

Quote from: Yorel on November 11, 2011, 02:26:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. I modified the php.ini on /etc/php5/apache2, is it the correct file?. We had ON persistent connections, now it's OFF. I'll watch the number of connections as of now.

I was thinking of the setting in SMF. You should check that too.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Yorel

Ok, do you hnow where that file is?. The modification on php.ini didn't work, right now there are 124k connections :(

LiroyvH

The quickest way if you dont know where to find it is to do it in Settings.php. There is a option there you can set from 1 to 0.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Yorel

Ok CoreISP, I found the file on /var/www/vhosts/mocosoftx.com/httpdocs/foro but the value is already configured to 0:

$db_persist = 0;

:'(

ziycon

Hi Yorel, how have you gotten on with this are you still experiencing problems or have you been able to resolve them?

Yorel

Quote from: ziycon on December 12, 2011, 04:56:30 AM
Hi Yorel, how have you gotten on with this are you still experiencing problems or have you been able to resolve them?
Hi ziycon, the attacks stopped. The problem with the high number of mysql connections persists. We've configured a cron that reloads the mysql server every 3 days, at the moment it's the only solution we've found.

Many thanks for asking ;)

Advertisement: