News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Email to post?

Started by raddad, October 22, 2011, 12:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApplianceJunk

I would be interested in this too.

alanbrit

Me three. I would pay for it even...

Virbius

Quote from: Andre N on March 06, 2012, 11:52:52 AM
It installs. It seems to work, but when you reply to an email it gets bounced back for some reason.
I emailed the author, but no response. I don't know how to debug an email issue like this so I'm stuck.
You're welcome to try it out, pm me your email and I'll send it to you. Or you can try asking the author again; I don't want to bug him.
This work seems to have stalled.  I'm interested in progressing it, but can't look at it till September, so will PM you so I can be involved.

pftq

I rewrote Grudge's version a couple years ago to simulate googlegroups/listserv functionality. You  might consider looking at that in case it already fits the bill. I also wouldn't mind some help improving it, as I've been quite busy myself lately.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2843

If you don't want notification emails formatted into a thread, that functionality can be easily disabled as it works on top of already parsing regular emails, whether formatted or not. Just let me know if that would be preferable.

alanbrit

Quote from: pftq on July 25, 2012, 12:06:25 PM
I rewrote Grudge's version a couple years ago to simulate googlegroups/listserv functionality. You  might consider looking at that in case it already fits the bill. I also wouldn't mind some help improving it, as I've been quite busy myself lately.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2843

If you don't want notification emails formatted into a thread, that functionality can be easily disabled as it works on top of already parsing regular emails, whether formatted or not. Just let me know if that would be preferable.

Hey PQFT, that would be amazing.

I tried the current version with email hooks to see if I could have users submit a message from a public website and have that message posted as a reply TO an EXISTING thread, but it never really worked. I'd be super thankful if you could help with that -- I know your time is really valuable, so I'm sure we (as a bunch who are interested in this) can pool together some cash if necessary.

pftq

Another member informed me recently that the mod requires guest browsing enabled on the board, so just make sure to enable that.  I think it's because the mod interfaces with SMF as a guest (the server piping the email), so disabling guests blocks the script out.  Can you let me know if that helps?

We can continue the discussion here as I don't want to hijack this thread.

Cyberm@rmotte

This is what I'm trying to do right now, joining the discussion you mentionned pftq

Advertisement: