[Custom Profile Field] > Anyone found a trick to get them in the order YOU want?

Started by JohanLM, October 23, 2011, 07:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohanLM

I want (I will actually ...) to add some Custom Profile Fields, however it is annoying that one cannot (or can you?) put them with ease in the order you want them to show.
I found a mod : http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1328 : that does it, but I rather avoid mods since they could all of the sudden stop to be supported/developed.

An alternative trick is that I start it with a letter or number aka
A Firstname
B Middlename
C Lastname

or

1 Firstname
2 Middlename
3 Lastname

anyone else found out another idea? Like "hardcode" it maybe? If so how?

Illori

keep in mind if you use 2.0 that mod is built in so support will not be dropped.

JohanLM

Yes custom profile fields are in, but you cannot rearrange them, That you need a mod for (I think?).

Kays

Well if you're not into using a mod. Why not look at the code to see how it's done there.

Though the easiest would be to just use the mod. Since 2.0 is final now, the chances of an upgrade affecting a mod are few. And should it happen, you might encounter a similar risk if you do decide to code it manually. At least with a mod you have a better chance of getting some level of support

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

live627

It sorts the fields alphabetically upon save; it's hardcoded with a note to change that in the future. At least in 2.0, I don't know about the mod for 1.11.

Advertisement: