News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

adk portal 2.0

Started by thomasfork16, October 26, 2011, 11:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasfork16

so i just installed this mod and was wondering if its possible to get rid of the news part at the bottom where it says "ADK Portal 2.0 was installed". I dont think people are interested in reading about that. Thanks.

ARG01

You need to check with the portal designers. But to tell you the truth, if a mod designer adds their copyright they normally don't allow it to be removed.

Then again, if it is not in the footer area then it may simply be a portal news block that you can remove in the admin section. If you can post a link to your site we can tell you weather it can be removed or not.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

thomasfork16

nvmd i got it..one more thing, is it possible to get ride of the simple machine forums logo in the top right of my site? teenbabble.net [nofollow]

Matthew K.

Of course it is. Search on the mod site for "Effectively Remove SMF Logo".

thomasfork16

yeah i already tried that mod and it said that it was not compatible with this version of SMF

Matthew K.

There's a feature built into the SMF Package Manager called "Version Emulate", simply click the "Advanced Link" in Package Manager, and emulate to the latest version I wrote the mod for. It'll work.

thomasfork16

well im in package manger right now and all i see is browse packages, download packages, installed packages, and file permissions...sorry im really new at all of this

Matthew K.

It's not a problem, click "Download Packages", it should be near the base. You'll see "Advanced".

thomasfork16

nvmd i found it, so i clicked apply and it still didnt work :(

thomasfork16

is there a certain version i should set it to?

Matthew K.

Are you using a custom theme?

Version Emulate can be set to "2.0 RC2", "2.0 RC3", or "2.0 RC4".

thomasfork16

typed in RC2 and still didnt work..got the same error message

Matthew K.

Did you type in "2.0 RC2"? If you would like to send me a PM with a link, and provide me with login details to an administrator account, I can attempt to install it for you.

thomasfork16

oooo haha yea i got it..so  that worked, but now its saying

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Matthew K.

Can you attach your ./Themes/default/index.template.php? Or the custom index.template.php if you use a custom theme?

I can manually remove it for you. Or, if you prefer, I could update the mod tomorrow.

thomasfork16

if you could update the mod tommrw that would be great because I am about to fall asleep right now haha

Matthew K.

Fine with me, I don't have the time to update it tonight, at least, properly. I'll go ahead and update it sometime tomorrow and then reply back here.

thomasfork16

Matthew K.

Actually, right when I opened my development folder, I realized that the edits from RC2-RC3 to RC4 are different, but RC4 is most likely exact with 2.0.

Did you try emulating to "2.0 RC4"?

robbiebm77

yea i tried that and like 25 outta the 30 tests failed...
teenbabble.net a forum for teens and college kids!

robbiebm77

im the same person at thomasfork btw. i forgot my account info, so i made another account

TheListener

I'd look for a portal which is more user friendly and upto date.

Matthew K.

Hmm, I'll have to update it then.

robbiebm77

okay.. do u know around when u plan on updating it?

Matthew K.

KensonPlays

If you remember the email or username on the old account, there is a forgot password feature on the login page.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

robbiebm77

uninstalled the old one and instaled the new one and it still didnt work sir

Matthew K.

Saying it doesn't work doesn't help anyone, at all. It doesn't help me understand your problem, so in turn it doesn't help you make any progress on the issue.

Post in the mods support topic, and resolve this topic.

robbiebm77

I got  the error message, "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

and then I tried it with "2.0 RC2" "2.0 RC3" "2.0 RC4"

Matthew K.

It'll work with 2.0, or any version beyond 2.0.

robbiebm77

lol i fiugred out a lot easier way how to fix it. i went to admin-->configuration-->current theme and then i just typed in a few space bars where it says site slogan

Matthew K.

vladoniki

Has anyone tryed to upgrade from smf 2.0.1 to smf 2.0.2, will ADK portal 2.0.1 work with the latest smf 2.0.2 version OK?

Thank you in advance!

Illori

it should cause no issues, but in the future you are best to post questions like this in the mods support thread so those that use the mod can answer you.

coolestman

Hi!
I un-installed the adk portal in my admin area and and since then i couldn.t even loggin. The response is -  Warning: require_
once(/home/
studyito/public_
html/Sources/
Subs-Portal.php)
[ function.require-
once
]: failed to open
stream: No such
file or directory in /
home/studyito/
public_html/
index.php on line
Fatal error:
require_once()
[ function.require]:
Failed opening
required '/home/
studyito/public_
html/Sources/
Subs-
Portal.php' (include
_path='.:/usr/lib/
php:/usr/local/lib/
php') in /home/
studyito/public_
html/index.php
on line 57. Plz, help me out
study to show yourself approve.
study it out.........

Illori

Quote from: Illori on December 27, 2011, 05:53:38 AM
but in the future you are best to post questions like this in the mods support thread so those that use the mod can answer you.

Advertisement: