News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Awards Display (Medals)

Started by Xarcell, June 09, 2005, 09:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

I would like to see a mod where an admin can select a image to be placed in a member's profile at the bottom. Maybe even a little bit of text to go underneath it. Also allow several medals to be displayed in a profile. Not just one....

jennewt

I second that request! I have the metals mod installed but need to be able to award metals to members based on other site requirements - not on post/word counts. I think the Metals mod could be updated to do just that but I do not know PHP  :(

trenchteam

sounds like a MOD! who can do it?

Sheepy

I think you can do that with a mod that displays stars from multiple groups.  Then add members to special group for the medals, and you can name those group medals.  May not be perfect but should work well.

I self-modified my site to do the same thing (and more) so I don't know the details, but you may wish to take a look.

Xarcell

Just make it so that a certain membergroup (by permission) can add a image from a dropdown menu created by the admin to add to a person's profile at the bottom. Also have a field with the image selection to enter in a discription, or summary, or whever soots the needs.

Like, an admin to click on a person's profile to view it. Then click profile information and at the bottom have the option to "add award" by click on an image and entering information in a text field. After its' saved it showed the award with teh information of it underneath.

-Xarcell

Not a bad idea. I would do it like this:

1. Create a custom profile field [awards] that only mods/admins can edit.
2. Make it a drop down list of pre-defined awards. Or make check boxes so you can choose more than one award.
3. Add it to the display template wherever you want. Voila.

jennewt

Anyone willign to take a stab? I could dump my VB if I had the ability to add awards ;)

What type of "awards" are given?

jennewt

JUST as you described above.

In VB there is a link to issue an award below their name that only admin/mods can see. When clicked a pop up displays with the list of available awards with check boxes.  The "awards" then display below their name on the board and in their profile. There is a separate "Awards Room" where all available awards are displayed.

I issue awards based on the type of images users upload to my gallery - they are actually referred to as "stamps" like as in a passport.

I installed the old Medals mod which allows the admins to award the metals (which display below their name and in a separate "metals" room) but they are given based on post count.

Fiery

sounds cool, I want...

Quote from: jennewt on July 05, 2005, 01:20:40 PM
JUST as you described above.

In VB there is a link to issue an award below their name that only admin/mods can see. When clicked a pop up displays with the list of available awards with check boxes.  The "awards" then display below their name on the board and in their profile. There is a separate "Awards Room" where all available awards are displayed.

I issue awards based on the type of images users upload to my gallery - they are actually referred to as "stamps" like as in a passport.

I installed the old Medals mod which allows the admins to award the metals (which display below their name and in a separate "metals" room) but they are given based on post count.

Xarcell

I was wonderin if there was anyone actually working on making this mod? Sorry, but I'm not capiable of doing it myself.

Advertisement: