Separating Welcome font from rest of index font--2.0.1

Started by Clara Listensprechen, November 01, 2011, 05:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Listensprechen

At the time of this posting, I got the notice that the Search function of this board has been disabled "due to server stress", and I did try to do a search on this topic.

I have a need for the Welcome Username! font in the field in the header to be white over dark background, but when I turn that white, the rest of the text in the rest of the body turns invisible over its white background. What is the recommended coding to make this single font two different entities?

What I've had to do in the meantime is make the header lighter just so I can read what's there, and barely, while overpadding the userinfo area just to put the Welcome message on the white stripe.  I prefer to put the flag up there in its full color glory and have white letters without changing the text in the rest of the board:

I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

Ozzie

in index.css find

#upper_section ul li.greeting
{
   font-size: 1.3em;
   font-weight: bold;
   line-height: 1.5em;

and add color: #????????

that ought to do it

i tried it on default theme so it may need to be added to each theme not sure

#????????     = whatever you want

2000+ games available to download

Clara Listensprechen

AH!  Thank you very much.  I now wonder why all fonts changed when I changed the thing I did.  Anyway, many many thanks.

================

Oh--I'm guessing I have to do that with each link designation in the user area in the upper section? All of it needs to be in white.  I got the Welcome, got the date.  I tried to force a white font in the index template but that didn't work. When I find the Show new posts (unread) and Show new replies (unreadreplies), I can mark this Solved.

Oh wait, I gotta do Maintenance Mode, too, don't I. That message shows up in that area too, doesn't it....and there's this problem...

That whole userinfo block needs to have a white font.

I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

Advertisement: