News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

BBCode Permissions

Started by Iomega0318, November 01, 2011, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iomega0318

I am aware this has been suggested before and I am also aware that there is a mod, however it is not compatible with 2.0..

I would like to go ahead and make this request again because this really would be something useful to a lot of the community, however I think expanding on the old mod would be nice as well for example, the old mod shows all BBCode buttons and simply does not parse them if the user does not have permission, I suggest the button not show at all if the user does not have permission that way they won't use it at all.. I am sure some will still try to type the BBCode in but again without the correct permissions it still wont parse it..

Anyways just my two cents..
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

James--

I agree! Especially helpful if some new member is coming to a forum to post their spammy URL's.
If they cannot use URL bb code, they don't get the benefit.

James--

Is there a way to say:

"You are a new member, you have to make xx posts before you can post URL's" ?

Kindred

no, but there is a mod that limits the ability to post urls, post active urls, etc. (which we use here)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

James--

Sounds perfect! Which mod is it?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

James--

You are my friend, thanks very much.

My collegue implemented the code on the forum and it works fine now.

Great!

Advertisement: