News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Package problem

Started by XxRxX, November 05, 2011, 12:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxRxX

Hello,

I am using the latest version of smf. I tried to install some packages, everything goes fine on installation but I can't find their configs.
For example I installed this: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1328
It was installed successfully, but when I go to the admin panel I can't find its configs anywhere.
I have installed this package a lot of times in my other forums and everything was fine so I can't understand what is happening.

Thank you

XxRxX

kat

Bumping a topic after an hour isn't going to make you many friends, XxRxX.

Which mods?

Are the permissions in Admin>Packages>File permissions set to "Standard"?

XxRxX

Everything is ok on file permissions. Any other ideas? It's not mods' problem, that's sure, something is wrong with my files and configs.

kat

Can you ask your host if they have "Mod security" enabled?

If they have, that could well be your problem.

Whilst you're at it, check that you have full ownership (CHOWN) of the files on your site.

Illori

Quote from: XxRxX on November 05, 2011, 11:25:07 AM
Everything is ok on file permissions. Any other ideas? It's not mods' problem, that's sure, something is wrong with my files and configs.

can you please tell us what your files and folders permissions are?

XxRxX

Quote from: Illori on November 05, 2011, 01:24:28 PM
Quote from: XxRxX on November 05, 2011, 11:25:07 AM

can you please tell us what your files and folders permissions are?

It has nothing to do with hoster or permissions cause I have another one forum at the same company with the same permissions and everything is working fine there. Shall I re-install my smf forum?

XxRxX

I have the same problem with normal mods like Karma "Description Mod". And I re-installed it in another subfolder.
Please give me some help.

Illori

well usually it does have to do with file and folder permissions but if you will not say what yours are then you will get no help

XxRxX

Here is my file permission configs:

Illori

yet that does not show us the permissions on the files in the folders

XxRxX

Where shall I go to show you the permissions?

Illori

if you click on the folder names it will show you the files in them and their permissions, also your ftp client should do so as well.

XxRxX

All files are the same. Just like the screenshot. ALL OF THEM. Shall I give you a screen for that too?
About my hosting company, I asked them and they say that they didn't block anything.

Illori

well the files should NOT be 777 or 755, they should be 644 so try fixing that.

XxRxX

I've done this and now I can't see my forum. What the hell?

XxRxX

Any other solution? I can't find any logical thing to change. It has nothing to do with permission files. Packages are fully uploading to my ftp but I can't see them to configure them. What is wrong? Any other opinion?

Illori

XxRxX please do not bump within 24 hours we are all volunteers and reply if and when we know the answer

Advertisement: