News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

geoIP (IP to Location)

Started by Spuds, November 06, 2011, 02:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monzetti

And me again,

ok - my domain is now on the new server, but the installation of geoIP was with same result like in the past...

Then I tried to install the mod, so the db-tables will be in database. Then i downloaded the zip-file from maxmind and import the zip file about myphpadmin in the geoIP_temp - table (because there was the same table structure). Afterwards i dropped the geoIP-Table and copied the geoIP_temp to geoIP --> that worked ;)

SMF 2.0.2 has now the geoIP configuration zone - and that php say: The Database is installed with 158,624 IP ranges

I hope, that´s fine??

One Problem: On every page I have now text at the top, - over the forum logo:

/ geoIP menu tabs $txt['geoIP'] = 'Geo-IP'; $txt['geoIPMap'] = 'Map Settings'; $txt['geoIPMain'] = 'Geo-IP'; $txt['geoIPSettings'] = 'Registration Settings'; $txt['geoIPOnlineMap'] = 'Online Member Map'; $txt['geoIP_info'] = 'GeoIP information for IP'; $txt['permissionname_geoIP_view'] = 'View Who\'s Online Map'; $txt['permissionhelp_geoIP_view'] = 'Allow the members to view the geoIP Whos Online Map. If not set, these members will not see the map.'; $txt['permissionname_geoIP_viewdetail'] = 'Identify Pin owner in the Online Map'; $txt['permissionhelp_geoIP_viewdetail'] = 'Allow the members to view which member a pin belongs to on the geoIP Whos Online Map. If not set, these members will not see the pin details.'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_geoIP'] = 'Attempts to retrieve and install the latest database (of the type you installed) from Maxmind'; $txt['scheduled_task_geoIP'] = 'geoIP Database Update'; $txt['cannot_geoIP_view'] = 'Sorry, you are not allowed to view the Whos Online Map.';

It seems, there ist any php-file not ok? Don´t know, where to find this. And where should be the map with the flags?

Is there any forum to have a look on geoIP working? Would be fine to see the finish :)

Sorry for my poor english language, but i hope you see, that I´m working hard to get geoIP running...

Please help :D

Monzetti
(www.lentz-chronik.de/forum)

Monzetti

Yes, it´s me :)

Found it...

The text at the top of every page was in the Modifications.german-utf8.php...

deleting it in this file fixed it - it´s now only in the Modifications.english-utf8.php...

But there is no map, no flags, nothing...

I only see the pirate-flag in the "Who´s online"....

And at tracking page a lot of entries:    
8: Undefined index: geoIP
?action=profile;area=tracking;sa=ip;searchip=217.229.145.130;u=3

Monzetti

Spuds

Send me a PM with an FTP account to your site so I can take a look at the files that have been edited and make sure they are correct.  Normally I'd tell you to attach them here but there are quite a few that are changed.

Also you have installed the country only database, which is fine, however the map is not available with that database.  This is because that database only resolves down to a country level, so it would know someone was from Germany but not where in Germany (meaning all online members from Germany would have the same map location).

Monzetti

Done - you´ve the PM...

Yes, but I want all the features of geoIP ;) - with map and pins and everything the mod is able to deliver...

I think the files are ok so far, because I checked them today in the morning...

The point is the database - How I can install the both big tables for full installation? The error message ist so small, so I´m not able to tell something intelligent to the ISP Service People...

Perhaps you will find the right path to victory :D

Greetings,

Monzetti

FireDitto

=/ All my flags appear to be skulls and cross bones?
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Spuds

It will do that when you first install the mod for any users who were already online, that will clear itself as members log in/out etc.

If you are getting that all the time, then it would indicate the database did not install correctly and its not getting a result back so it shows the unknown flag.

FireDitto

Ah, yes. It's all cleared up now :D

Very spiffy mod. Thanks!
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

sususmo

Quote from: phantomm on November 07, 2011, 01:57:48 PM
Interesting, this mod shows that I'm somewhere in middle of the Atlantic :D

anyway, nice mod ;)

I too show up in the middle of the atlantic with many others. :(

NDFF

With SMF 2.0.2, I get the following error
Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2704

And the line is
                        $smcFunc['db_insert']($do_delete ? 'ignore' : 'replace',
                                '{db_prefix}log_online',
                                array('session' => 'string', 'id_member' => 'int', 'id_spider' => 'int', 'log_time' => 'int', 'ip' => 'raw', 'url' => 'string', 'latitude' => 'float', 'longitude' => 'float', 'country' => 'string', 'city' => 'string', 'cc' => 'string'),
                                array($session_id, $user_info['id'], empty($_SESSION['id_robot']) ? 0 : $_SESSION['id_robot'], time(), 'IFNULL(INET_ATON(\'' . $user_info['ip'] . '\'), 0)', $serialized, $geoIP[0]['latitude'], $geoIP[0]['longitude'], $geoIP[0]['country'], $geoIP[0]['city'], $geoIP[0]['cc']),
                                array('session')
                );

What is wrong with this and how do I get rid of this error.

Spuds

It might mean your log_online table was not updated properly ... if you manually installed the mod you need to add the needed cols to the log_online table (as defined in the add_settings.php file in the package)

NDFF

Structure of log_online. The columns are there?

Kein Name

Using smf vers 2.0.2 and not able to load the db, copied the csv file to sources/geoIP and choose manual and got: The Database is not installed
Last Update Status: Database Import Error

Any help ?

TIA

rolltidega

Just to clarify... this mod is used to ONLY block someone from accessing the registration page correct?  If a valid user that logs in from a blocked country tries to log in and access the site, that user WILL BE ALLOWED, right?  ONLY new registrations are disallowed with the mod, right?  Please let me know....

Spuds

Correct ... the blocking part of the mod is only a registration block.  If they have a valid account they would be unaffected.  You could mod it to do more should you like.

Kein Name

It would have been nice if I wold have received a reply to my question as well, but looks like not everybody gets on. Kann was ......

rolltidega

Thanks for the answer Spuds.  Are blocked registrations logged somewhere???

ChaosEnergy

hi
installed this mod without any errors on 2.02

clicked update database for citry+country, something like a downloadbar appeared for a short moment and then i get

The Database is not installed
Last Update Status: Unable to determine the latest CSV file from MaxMind

what can i do, to get it working?
Chaos Empire ®

Kein Name

@ChaosEnergy

I got the same problem, as you can see in my post above. But the developer of this mod does not find it necessary to answer such questions. Its a so called well supported mod :(

Manu.G

I've the same problem with the update of the database. :(

Isn't it possible to get some help for it? Woudl be great :)
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Buta

I've the same problem with the update of the database.

Advertisement: