Membergroup On Registration

Started by codenaught, September 30, 2006, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garou

Well for starters you are working with a well outdated mod, you are trying to get it to preform a function that probably isn't compatible with however the forum(s) are split up, and this situation is a bit beyond what the author had intended for the mod to begin with.

In theory if the DB is truly shared then you should be getting members registered to both forums. The member groups from both forums should be available for you to put on the list when setting up the groups for the mod. So if you want the members to be able to chose from two groups for each forum then you would have to add all 4 and they would be able to access one site, the other, or both based on user group permissions.

Your best bet is to find or hire an experienced coder, that you trust, to look the mod and your site. They would need access to the Database and the Files to determine all the possible variables involved and even then I'm not 100% sure that it could be made compatible.

Sorry I cant come up with a better answer but you've got a very usual situation on your hands there and I'm guessing its going to take some code custom designed for your sites to make it work the way you want. Unless you or your staff can code it wont come cheep, if you can find anyone willing to take on the task.

bburg5

Thank you for your time and input on this matter. I will continue to change the membergroups myself until I figure out an easier solution...

Thanks again

Stigmartyr

All I want for Christmas is this mod to get more development.  Please!!!  Pretty Please!!!

If members could choose more groups from their profile page and more than one group on registration this would be spectacular!

I run a car forum and right now folks can select their model of car.  I would also like them to be able to select their region so when I email/PM members I can select their region, and also create content that varies from region to region.

Fantastic use for the mod no?

Then to tie it all together members should be able to update these secondary groups from the registration page.

This is so important I'm willing to pay for it's development.  Name your price!

PLEASE!  SMF 2.0 is also inadequate to me for this function and I am seriously considering abandoning my beloved SMF for Dot Net Nuke simply because it has this all important feature.

Stigmartyr

Quote from: Stigmartyr on December 10, 2009, 04:03:32 AM
All I want for Christmas is this mod to get more development.  Please!!!  Pretty Please!!!

If members could choose more groups from their profile page and more than one group on registration this would be spectacular!

I run a car forum and right now folks can select their model of car.  I would also like them to be able to select their region so when I email/PM members I can select their region, and also create content that varies from region to region.

Fantastic use for the mod no?

Then to tie it all together members should be able to update these secondary groups from the registration page.

This is so important I'm willing to pay for it's development.  Name your price!

PLEASE!  SMF 2.0 is also inadequate to me for this function and I am seriously considering abandoning my beloved SMF for Dot Net Nuke simply because it has this all important feature.

Dang it.  Even waving green backs around can't get a response.  These are tough times indeed!

Stigmartyr

So in lieu of someone making this compatible is there a mod or page in SMF 2.0 that allows users to see all the member groups in one list?  I'm considering migrating over asap.

Khinxman

Any progress on this mod for 2.0 RC3? Would love to use this functionality.

live627

I have written a mod for the SMF 2.0 branch that does the same thing.

TomW

pjn

Quick Portal - Free hosting & portal & forums system

Many designs + many extras + server = FREE!

Ask from us your free web now:
http://qp-free.com/index.php/board,2.0.html

Ferrin

i have installed this on 1.1.12 correctly, but the select list by admin/register/settings don't display. thanks for any help.
My English is not the best. German is more my language.

Stigmartyr

Quote from: live627 on April 16, 2010, 01:04:36 PM
I have written a mod for the SMF 2.0 branch that does the same thing.

YOur site is busted: "Table 'db293717542.smf_thecmsloft__settings' doesn't exist"

This still for sale?

live627

Went through my unread replies pages and found this reply waiting for me.. O_o

The site had moved a couple of months ago (a year now come August) and the mod is available for purchase if you're still interested: http://dev.live627.com/index.php?action=mods#58

420Connect.co.uk

apologies for bumping an old thread!

Just wondered if anyone knew of a similar MOD or could be persuaded to recode it for 2.0+ ;) lol

www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Siirist

Okay, so I am using SMF ver 2.0.11.

I went to Admin>Maintenance>Forum Maintenance>Database>Backup Database and did so

I went to Package Manager (Advanced) and set to emulate ver 1.1.5

I came to the MOD and then parsed the Mod for SMF ver 1.1.5

I downloaded the files that needed to be modified.

I edited files as possible (the edited files are attached)

Checked and ensured no users (except me) were on the forum

I went to Admin>Server Settings and placed forum in Maintenance Mode

I renamed existing files to [File Name].php~ (or where [File Name].php~ existed renamed to [File Name].php~~)

I uploaded the edited files - Yeah, didn't work as intended (I attached two Screen Shots)

I thought if the forum was set to emulate a version that I could treat forum as that version.  :-\

I am hoping that someone can "update" this Mod. Willing to pay something.

I am also hoping that this will be read.

Be Well,
Siriist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Siirist

Quote from: live627 on May 05, 2011, 01:52:54 AM
Went through my unread replies pages and found this reply waiting for me.. O_o

The site had moved a couple of months ago (a year now come August) and the mod is available for purchase if you're still interested: http://dev.live627.com/index.php?action=mods#58

Server not found    :o

Enough said.     :'(
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

Kindred

You almost certainly can not install a 1.1.x mod in 2.0 and should generally never try...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Quote from: Kindred on June 08, 2016, 01:26:31 PM
You almost certainly can not install a 1.1.x mod in 2.0 and should generally never try...

Hey Kindred,

Thanks for the info and Oopsey   :-[   Glad I backed up and made copies of existing *,phps before trying   O:)

Alas, I think I will see if Suki will modify the mod for me for $.

Always appreciate your words.

Be Well,
Siriist
Needed information:

IP_Board_Rules

Quote from: live627 on May 05, 2011, 01:52:54 AMWent through my unread replies pages and found this reply waiting for me.. O_o

Is your mod still available somewhere?

live627

IP_Board_Rules

Advertisement: