We're on Google+

Started by Oldiesmann, November 08, 2011, 12:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

If only SMF's "cut off the text after x characters" thing was more intelligent :P

I've sent a message to SleePy asking him to increase the text cutoff limit by 20 characters or so to prevent that from happening. If you scroll further down the page though, there is a direct link to the page.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Dan_y2k

Well, I think that if links are being cut-off, the link text (doesn't matter if it's a word, sentence or an address) should be cut, but the link, even if half of it is shown, should still link to the full address.
Regards,
Dan_y2k.

lambcrazy

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 08, 2011, 12:05:44 AM
For those who haven't heard, Google finally launched pages for their Google+ social network. Not one to be behind in the social media front, I went ahead and created an SMF page :)

hxxp:gplus.to/SimpleMachinesForum [nonactive]

It is a good decision to get a page on Google+. It helps a lot in different ways .. congrats ... :)

redone

The Google+ link, together with all the other social stuff is on the front page of the site.

MrCole

I noticed this when I got on my pc today.

iBeFiNeBOY

Tomy Tran

On the home page, under short news of this topic, who has writen http://gplus.to... ? the link is expecting /SimpleMachinesForum
and when I click on it, the page refer me to gplus.to page while the correct must be http://gplus.to/SimpleMachinesForum.

Illori

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 15, 2011, 11:17:53 AM
If only SMF's "cut off the text after x characters" thing was more intelligent :P

I've sent a message to SleePy asking him to increase the text cutoff limit by 20 characters or so to prevent that from happening. If you scroll further down the page though, there is a direct link to the page.

wilowterra

karlbenson

Goodie, smf on GooglePlus

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hi Oldiesmann,

Good work. Added on google+ also.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

sadaam

Me feel proude to use SMF!!

sandingmachine

I have registered Google+ just now.

Tomy Tran

amiciziaeamore

admirable

What are the real benefits for using Google+ ?
My Website| JA Technologies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomy Tran

Advertising on social network and SEO matter.

Kindred

well, it has nothing (at all) to do with SEO...   but google+ is trying to compete with facebook as a social networking platform...       So, just as we have facebook and twitter pages, we also have added  a Simple Machines Forum page on Google+

(side note: we also have a google+ page for the organization, Simple Machines as well as the project Simple Machines Forum - they are two separate (although related) things.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

impreza

SMF also has a profile on facebook?
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: