Converting YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1 to SMF 2.0.1 Error

Started by _steve, November 09, 2011, 09:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_steve

I tried to convert from this very old version of YaBB (SP 1.3.1) using the YaBB to SMF 2.0 converter located in the downloads section (the last one on the page). I am getting the following error:

QuoteConverting...
Converting membergroups... Successful.
Converting members...Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

moodydood

I got this exact same error.  I did read another post where someone upgraded to YaBB 2.2 before the conversion, but I would rather not do that if at all possible.  What's odd is that the members table seems to be defined correctly when I checked the structure, so not sure what's going on here.  Can anyone please help?  Thanks.

moodydood

OK, after a long struggle I have my YaBB conversion done.  Here's how I did it:

It seems the conversion script won't work for 1.3.1 at all.  The error that I got (which is MySql saying that you have to get rid of the auto-incrementing function of the primary key before it can remove the key), is only the beginning of many errors.  When I solved that error, another came up.  When I solved, I got another.  It's a dead end.  Time to upgrade.

I upgraded to YaBB 2.1 and that worked fine.  Then I tried the conversion script for 2.1 and that gave me errors as well.  As you can imagine, I was very frustrated.

I read another post that someone tried the 2.2 script and they were successful.  As a last attempt, I upgraded YaBB to 2.2 and tried the respective conversion script and was finally successful.  Time for a celebratory beer.

So to sum up, upgrade your YaBB to 2.2 because that will work.  All other versions seem to fail.

Hope this helps someone.

Advertisement: