Best way to empty HUGE recycle bin (166.502 Posts 102.904 Topics)

Started by Maxtor, November 07, 2011, 03:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxtor

which one is the best way to empty HUGE recycle bin (166.502 Posts 102.904 Topics) .

via mysql query would be better. anyone?

kat

Why not delete the entire "Recycle bin" board and create a new one? ;)

MUCH easier and safer, I'd imagine.

ARG01

I also think that this is the best way. But, if you want to save some of the topics just create another board and name it something like "Saved Topics" and move the topics that you want to save there before deleting the recycle board and creating a new one.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Maxtor

when i click to remove board, im waiting for the page to load again, and it times out, because there are 100k topics and 166k posts inside. thats why i was wondering if there is a quick mysql query for this.

Kindred

forum admin > maintenance > forum maintenance > topics

delete all messages older than {X} and select only the desired board.

(as always, backup first!)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Quote from: maxtor on November 10, 2011, 05:47:56 PM
when i click to remove board, im waiting for the page to load again, and it times out, because there are 100k topics and 166k posts inside. thats why i was wondering if there is a quick mysql query for this.
Does the board contain less posts now?

Advertisement: