News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Please need help. urgent

Started by FAQ, November 11, 2011, 09:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAQ

our version 2.0.1
theme  Anecdota

we are seeing this error on top of pages // MOD Ban Link in Post $txt['ban_user_via_post'] = 'You last visited:';

and we can't install or uninstall packages all saying failed to Execute Modification    
./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php .

we haven't back up and we are not coders
here our url.

centsia.com forum index.php

please help us  :(
One and only little forum angel
[nofollow]

Illori

check your modifications.english.php and make sure there are no extra ?> in the file, there should only be one at the very bottom of the file.

meetdilip

@ FAQ

You can get a virtual version of SMF on your PC using WAMP. It will be wise to try mods on this installation before trying on live forum. Not an advice, but always take a backup before attempting any modification. At times, things can get worser. Learned the hard way.

morpheuslogged

Quote from: Illori on November 11, 2011, 09:59:32 AM
check your modifications.english.php and make sure there are no extra ?> in the file, there should only be one at the very bottom of the file.
First of all Thanks for the help Illori,
I'm from Faq's forum there is no extra ?> in this file modifications.english.php.I dpunle checked it,I think problem is not with that.We had a backup of sql database so we decided to test problem is with the database or with the php files,So we created another directory and installed SMF and restored our sql database but problem still Appears..Please help Us...
Original Forum:centsia.com/forum
Testing Forum:centsia.com/test (Which is newly created)...
Waiting for your valuable reply.....

Illori

please attach your modifications.english.php file to your next post.

Illori

pming someone for support is a great way to get ignored, if you know the rules follow them if you want help.

now i will not help you.

morpheuslogged

Quote from: Illori on November 11, 2011, 10:37:10 AM
Here is the code

<?php
// Version: 2.0; Modifications

//   Are You Human?
$txt['are_you_human_q1'] = 'Are You Human?';
$txt['are_you_human_q2'] = 'Are You Bot?';
$txt['are_you_human_desc'] = 'Another Anti-Bot Measure';
$txt['are_you_human_answers'][0] = 'Yes';
$txt['are_you_human_answers'][1] = 'No';
$txt['are_you_human_answers'][2] = 'I don\'t know';
$txt['are_you_human_answers'][3] = 'Maybe';
$txt['are_you_human_answers'][4] = 'I think...';
$txt['are_you_human_answers'][5] = 'Waits';
$txt['are_you_human_answers'][6] = 'Hmm';          // You can add more Answers for confused the bots

$txt['are_you_human_expired'] = 'This page has expired. Please restart the <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register;">registration page</a>.';
$txt['are_you_human_fail'] = 'Please confirm that you are human in order to proceed with registration.<br />
Bots are not allowed to register.';

$txt['are_you_human_s'] = 'Enable MOD Are You Human';
$txt['are_you_human_q'] = 'Select the Question';
$txt['are_you_human_a'] = 'Order Rand the Answers';
$txt['are_you_human_q_0'] = 'Are You Human?';
$txt['are_you_human_q_1'] = 'Are You Bot?';
$txt['are_you_human_q_2'] = 'Random Question';
// Double Post stopper strings
$txt['double_post_attempt'] = 'Sorry, but you are not allowed to double post. Please go back and edit your previous post.';
$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Allow them to Double post';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'By Enabling this You will allow them to double post.';
$txt['doublePostAdmin_main'] = 'Time before the user is not allowed to double post';
$txt['doublePostHelp'] = 'Time(in Days) before double posting is considered as a bump attempt. A user is not allowed to post a continous second reply within the given time threshhold.';
$txt['doublePostAdmin_sub'] = 'Is set as in Days. Click on the "?" if you want more information. Leave Blank to prevent double posting always';

?>

Joker™

Quote from: Illori on November 11, 2011, 10:37:10 AM
Please attach the file instead of copy pasting it.

What mods do you have installed on your forum?

Moreover the related text string is not present in what you have copy pasted. Was there an error while installing or uinstalling the mod?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

FAQ

1.    Country Flags    1.1.2    
2.    Smart Pagination    0.6    
3.    Show User Posts By Certain Boards    1.0    
4.    Add security verification to the Login page    1.1
5.    Double Post Stopper    1.1    
6.    SMFPacks: SEO Lite Mod    1.0

and we are uninstalled and deleted few packages. few hours ago
we have this.

now we can't uninstall any package
[nofollow]

morpheuslogged

We don't know how to attach it,

We were installed a Mod called Ban Link In post(Somthing like that) since then this message shows....
// MOD Ban Link in Post $txt['ban_user_via_post'] = 'You last visited:';  In top

So uninstalled it and deleted that mod message still there  :'( :'( :'(
Image Cap

ARG01

Can you attach your themes index.template.php file? For some reason I am seeing this line in that file.
// MOD Ban Link in Post
$txt['ban_user_via_post'] = 'You last visited:';

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

FAQ

Quote from: ARG on November 11, 2011, 11:21:55 AM
Can you attach your themes index.template.php file? For some reason I am seeing this line in that file.
// MOD Ban Link in Post
$txt['ban_user_via_post'] = 'You last visited:';

;)

our default theme or normal  theme?
[nofollow]

morpheuslogged

I don't know how to Attach But i did craeted a copy of Modifications.english.php and saved it in root and renamed(So you can view else it'll not work)...
hxxp:www.centsia.com/Modifications.english.ph [nonactive]

ARG01

The Anecdota theme. If you cant attach then post the file contents and please use the code (#) brackets in the post editor.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

FAQ

Quote from: ARG on November 11, 2011, 11:30:12 AM
The Anecdota theme. If you cant attach then post the file contents and please use the code (#) brackets in the post editor.

here file

www.filesonic.com/file/3426936605/index.template.php

or where we can download  correct and clean Modifications.english.php file  ???
[nofollow]

Oldiesmann

Quote from: FAQ on November 11, 2011, 11:39:16 AM
Quote from: ARG on November 11, 2011, 11:30:12 AM

here file

www.filesonic.com/file/3426936605/index.template.php

or where we can download  correct and clean Modifications.english.php

We need Modifications.english.php, not index.template.php. To attach files, click "Reply" at the bottom of the page, then click the "+" next to "Attachments and other options" and you will see a file upload box.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ARG01

They don't have enough posts to attach. I thought that i was seeing it in index.template but apparently not. In any case it is on line 1 of one of their files. Probaly Modifications.english.php

;)

FAQ

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 11, 2011, 11:44:35 AM

We need Modifications.english.php, not index.template.php. To attach files, click "Reply" at the bottom of the page, then click the "+" next to "Attachments and other options" and you will see a file upload box.

thanks

attached

[nofollow]

Oldiesmann

It's not in that file. Does the theme you're using have that file at all?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ARG01

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 11, 2011, 11:59:54 AM
It's not in that file. Does the theme you're using have that file at all?

No, only index.template and settings.template and then Settings.english in the language folder. But I really don't think that it is a language file issue.

Advertisement: