News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Admin must aprove registration

Started by morpheus2008, January 10, 2004, 04:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morpheus2008

Would it be possible to have a choice of 'Admin Must Approve Registration' as a sign u feature.  This is vital in my opinion and to be quite honest has left me with egg on my face, as I have been praising the board to high heaven and testing it with a colleague only to find that one of the very basic but vital (for us) function is missing.

I would really apreciate constuctive guidance or hel on this issue.

tia
N

Shadow

Until this is a feature, just use membergroups.
Just do it, go Charter! [Unknown] offered me a spot on the dev team! I swear it!

"Sup foos'! I'm Marshie! Capital M and then arshie! I'm going this way!!!"

morpheus2008

Thanks shadow - yes this is what we are doing at the moment - does it mean that it WILL be a feature in the future version - if so I can breathe a sigh of releif.

When doing as you suggest is it possible to have an admin e-mail acknolwedging that a new user has joined.
N

Daniel D.

This would be some good featuers for a feature release or a mod.

Tyris

This feature (whilst I wouldnt use) would surely be used by many... so I'm sure that if (when?) it doesnt make v1.0 there will be a mod for it very soon anyway (if not someone poke me).

Grudge

I agree that this would be a very useful feature. I don't think it will make the public beta but I'm sure someone will mod it for you. If worst comes to worst I'll make it for you but I'm a bit busy at the moment I'm afraid!

* Grudge pokes Tyris :D
I'm only a half geek really...

pulpitfire

i've often wondered if there was some reason why that wasn't an option already, long ago.

Shadow

I thought [Unknown] said something about it somewhere... but either way there is no reason for this to not become an option.
Just do it, go Charter! [Unknown] offered me a spot on the dev team! I swear it!

"Sup foos'! I'm Marshie! Capital M and then arshie! I'm going this way!!!"

Tom

I'm sure someone will make this as a mod if it's not standard.

Anguz

yeah, it either becomes a feature or a mod... Spaceman-Spiff, if I remember correctly, wrote it for YaBB SE, so he may write the SMF version, but if not him, someone most probably will
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

morph

Yeah, application mod was it? It was effective and worked well.

Coming soon!

Tyris

well, I've already thought about how it would work as a mod :-[ and shouldnt be too hard (regardless of the SMF code)... so... we'll see ;)

Grudge

Just to let you know I'm in the middle of writing this at the moment and if all goes well it *should* make it into SMF... if not it will definetly be ready as a MOD
I'm only a half geek really...

Tyris

whoo! *crosses off from 'write on release' list*

Advertisement: