News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Change website name.

Started by eleng, April 01, 2013, 12:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eleng

PLEASE, I have i this site www.globalsolutionsexpert.com/forum [nofollow]

Will it be possible to change it name to another?

Thanks.

TheListener

1. PLS HELP is not a very useful topic title specially in CAPS.

2. Theme related questions should be made in the themes support topic.

kat

Do you mean that you want to change this?

If so, replace http://globalsolutionsexpert.com/forum/Themes/freshlooks/images/theme/logo.gif with your own image, or a blank, transparent gif.

Normally, what Old Fossil said is true. But, with this, particular, thing, I believe ALL theme designers should give you the option to change that, without messing around. So, I've helped you out. :)

I've changed the topic title, too, so that it's more descriptive, and I've removed the caps-lock, coz caps-lock is regarded as yelling at that's just plain rude.

eleng

What i means is can i change the website name to another as in from www.http://globalsolutionsexpert.com/forum TO SOMETHING LIKE www.john.com [nofollow] or anything else..
And if YES how do i go about it?

kat

Oh, that... Your original post wasn't terribly clear.

Well, first, you'll need to get the domain, obviously.

Is the forum going to be on the same server? Or, are you moving hosts and all that, too?

eleng

it will remain in the same server as well as host, except the name.

Arantor

Depending on the host you might need their co-operation in changing the domain name, some hosts tie the domain name to the hosting account...

SimpleJoe

If you are still trying to get this done and your host isn't helping, send me a PM as I have helped people do this before.
Hosting Simple Machines since YaBB -- One of the first SMF Forum Hosting providers with Chat and FTP for the inner developer in us all.

Arantor

Was there really any reason to bump this thread that was several weeks old?

SimpleJoe

Didn't notice how old it was, will watch for that... I replied simply because he never posted that it his issues was solved.
Hosting Simple Machines since YaBB -- One of the first SMF Forum Hosting providers with Chat and FTP for the inner developer in us all.

Advertisement: