News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Double

Started by zzpoointzz, November 16, 2011, 04:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzpoointzz

The image has the requests :)

kat

As that's a custom theme, zzzzzzzz, you're more likely to get the help you need from that theme's support topic.

Unless, of course, this is happening if you use the SMF default theme, as well.

Illori

i think what they want to do is remove the linktree from the topic listing and maybe board index, that would be an edit of the default theme unless the custom theme has BoardIndex.template.php and Display.template.php as part of it.

zzpoointzz

its always been there (from wen i installed the forum, that means that i had the def. theme at the start), asking this now to make a clean up of the forum.. makiing it tidy (even this forum has the same double things)

kat

So, it's the "Reply", "Addpoll", "Notify", etc. buttons, yes?

One at the top and one at the bottom.

For some reason, you want them just at the top? Bottom?

I assume that they're there, so that you don't have to keep going up/down a full page to click one.

zzpoointzz

sorry for my slow posting:

yes, they are those buttons.
Just at the bottom

your right, but i don't think that someone would reply whit out reading the thread (that means that he has to scroll to the end of the page)
so, they are useless

kat

Actually, I use them quite a lot, myself.

Just at the bttom. You want them to STAY, just at the bottom?

Or, you want them to be removed, just at the bottom?

In the theme's Display.template.php, you'll find this:

// Build the normal button array.
$normal_buttons = array(
'reply' => array('test' => 'can_reply', 'text' => 'reply', 'image' => 'reply.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=post;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';last_msg=' . $context['topic_last_message'], 'active' => true),
'add_poll' => array('test' => 'can_add_poll', 'text' => 'add_poll', 'image' => 'add_poll.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=editpoll;add;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start']),
'notify' => array('test' => 'can_mark_notify', 'text' => $context['is_marked_notify'] ? 'unnotify' : 'notify', 'image' => ($context['is_marked_notify'] ? 'un' : '') . 'notify.gif', 'lang' => true, 'custom' => 'onclick="return confirm(\'' . ($context['is_marked_notify'] ? $txt['notification_disable_topic'] : $txt['notification_enable_topic']) . '\');"', 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=notify;sa=' . ($context['is_marked_notify'] ? 'off' : 'on') . ';topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';' . $context['session_var'] . '=' . $context['session_id']),
'mark_unread' => array('test' => 'can_mark_unread', 'text' => 'mark_unread', 'image' => 'markunread.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=markasread;sa=topic;t=' . $context['mark_unread_time'] . ';topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';' . $context['session_var'] . '=' . $context['session_id']),
'send' => array('test' => 'can_send_topic', 'text' => 'send_topic', 'image' => 'sendtopic.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=emailuser;sa=sendtopic;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.0'),
'print' => array('text' => 'print', 'image' => 'print.gif', 'lang' => true, 'custom' => 'rel="new_win nofollow"', 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=printpage;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.0'),
);

Getting rid of that gets rid of them, for the most part, both top and bottom.

So, I'll need to do a lot of figuring-out, for not a lot of reward.

Gimme a while...

kat

Nope.

I can get rid of them, entirely. But, not just one of them.

zzpoointzz

bottom stays, top goes,

if you could eplayn i would try :)

anyway thanks

kat

Well, that bit of code that I posted shows the buttons.

Trouble is, if you remove it, it removes the buttons from both the top and the bottom.

So, there must be some other bit of code doing stuff and I can't figure-out which bit.

I could probably work it out, eventually, using a bit of the ol' "Trial and error".

But, apart from the fact that you can do that, yourself, someone with a braincell could probably figure it out in a few seconds!

I thought it was probably sensible to wait for that person with a braincell to join in. ;)

Illori

display.template.php

Code (find) Select
<div class="nextlinks">', $context['previous_next'], '</div>', template_button_strip($normal_buttons, 'right'), '

Code (replace) Select
<div class="nextlinks">', $context['previous_next'], '</div>','

K@ was editing out the whole thing, but not where it is called to show in the template which is the "normal_buttons"

zzpoointzz

It Happened !!! lololo :)

Illori

zzpoointzz

read Kats last post :)
QuoteI thought it was probably sensible to wait for that person with a braincell to join in.

Illori

so did that fix your issue?

zzpoointzz

thanks, it worked, but it took just the buttons away:

Illori

that was what i understood you wanted done, when asked you said the buttons not the linktree or the next/prev links, it will take some more work to figure that part out.

zzpoointzz

oh sorry, whit the distance of 24 hours of posting here i did not remember what i was really asking

Illori

<div class="nextlinks">', $context['previous_next'], '</div>', template_button_strip($normal_buttons, 'right'), ' in the orginal file just remove that whole line and it will take out the next/prev links

index.template.php

// Show the navigation tree.
theme_linktree();

and remove that and it will remove the upper link tree from every page, it can not just be removed from the thread page.

zzpoointzz

* Perfect *   :)

zzpoointzz

to ad some space thru the google ads and the menu ?

Illori

that is not a default feature so i have no idea how you added them, if you used a mod post in the mods support thread.

zzpoointzz

so to ads some spacing i have to go in the google mod and ad space in the html ?

zzpoointzz

Edit: done it, went in the ads menu and added a <p> </p> :)

ARG01

If you want to remove the bottom linktree as well look for this in the default themes Display.template.php and Message.template.php:
// Show the lower breadcrumbs.
theme_linktree();

and just comment that out:
// Show the lower breadcrumbs.
//theme_linktree();

If you have a custom theme with it's own Message.template.php file you may be required to do the same there.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: