News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[4923]Problem with Forum Maintenance - Topics

Started by Kindred, November 18, 2011, 03:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

I know I have reported this before... but I can't find the bug report or a mantis ticket....

I reported it on 2.0RC5, and 2.0 -- and now 2.0.1

Go into Admin > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance > Topics
select remove topics, 30 days or older
select Moved topic notices.
select all boards
click remove now and accept the warning

the system chokes...

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again.

I can replicate this on multiple sites, including this one....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Joshua Dickerson

Kindred, since you have the ability and have verified it, can you track this (and any future bugs that you have confirmed)
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Antechinus

ROFL. Figures that bit would be buggy. It's the only way I ever use the remove topics function in that section of admin. ::)

emanuele

I cannot replicate it.

Do you have any other information that can help?
php version, maybe a phpinfo (in private is fine).

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

It happens to me on 40k online.... But also happens on this forun, right here.   Eevery time
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

emanuele

And only on that particular action and anyone else?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

I can replicate every time, both on 40konline and on this site....

I suspect that your testing is not taking the size of the forum into account. Both this forum and 40kOnline likely have at least a million time more posts than your test forums....
Слaва
Украинi

Joker™

This happens on my test forum as well.

- W-ndows
- PHP 5.3.8
- SMF 2.0.2
- 10 topics
- 2 boards
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Spuds

Quote from: Joker™ on February 16, 2012, 10:23:19 PM
This happens on my test forum as well.

- W-ndows
- PHP 5.3.8
- SMF 2.0.2
- 10 topics
- 2 boards

There are two triggers for that error in security.php .... could you do a little debug and see which one is failing .... I have not been able to reproduce this, but since you can your now in the hot seat (even if it is pink) :)

emanuele

Pink is an excuse to not to your team work, but not to skip debugging! :P
Tested on win and php 5.3.8 (xampp 1.7.7) but no luck...

Quote from: Kindred on February 16, 2012, 07:20:03 PM
I suspect that your testing is not taking the size of the forum into account. Both this forum and 40kOnline likely have at least a million time more posts than your test forums....
Don't be so sure. ;) (see attachment)

Anyway this shouldn't be a problem of number since checkSession is done before any processing.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

hmmmm....     maybe someone else with admin access here can try to remove the "moved posts" notification posts older than 30 days?

If someone else can do it, then it's an account issue (not a pC issue, since it happens on every browser, every computer for me)
Слaва
Украинi

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Kindred on February 17, 2012, 07:41:07 AM
hmmmm....     maybe someone else with admin access here can try to remove the "moved posts" notification posts older than 30 days?

If someone else can do it, then it's an account issue (not a pC issue, since it happens on every browser, every computer for me)

Works just fine for me on this forum.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Joker™

Strange.

Can't produce the error on my notebook, but I damn sure that the bug appeared at my workplace PC. I'll try to re-produce the issue after coming back to home in the evening.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Spuds

Thanks ... let us know what ya find ...  indeterminate bugs like this are the worst !

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Advertisement: