News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

BBC Tags

Started by ABGirl, November 23, 2011, 08:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABGirl

Maybe this doesn't go here but I can't seem to start a topic on it anywhere else. Please feel free to move it wherever it should have gone, and punish me accordingly. Pelting me with chocolates seems like an appropriate punishment.....;) Just sayin'....

SMF installed today. Just working on the basics right now. My question is, as I'm editing the signature settings - what BBC tags would any of you strongly recommend AGAINST allowing in siggies? Last time I ran SMF (many moons ago), I don't recall hardly any of these BBC tags even being part of the package, LOL.

Quoteabbr
    acronym
    anchor
    b
    bdo
    black
    blue
    br
    center
    code
    color
    email
    flash
    font
    ftp
    glow
    green
    html
    hr
    i
    img
    iurl
    left
    li
    list
    ltr
    me
    move
    nobbc
    php
    pre
    red
    right
    rtl
    s
    shadow
    size
    sub
    sup
    table
    td
    time
    tr
    tt
    u
    url
    white

ARG01

It comes down to what sort of website you have. Some may allow basic sigs, some elaborate sigs. Normally I would allow all tags other than flash, table, td and tr.
If things get too carried away then maybe disallow html,  ftp and php down the road if needed.
But as I stated, it all depends on your site and if you want members to be able to clutter the boards with distracting sigs or keep things simple.

Jmo.  ;)

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

ABGirl

Advertisement: