News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need some help!!

Started by P-F, November 25, 2011, 06:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-F

Hi,

I opened my index.php file in Microsoft ExpressionWeb 4.0 and changed the logofile address. I made the change and saved the site back live to the ftp. Now when I click any links or try to login in, the page goes no where and does not do what it supposed to. It just stays on the nonlogged in landing page.

Help to fix this please!!

P-F

Bigguy

You can tr uploading a new index.php file from the SMF 2.0.1 zip file and see if that works. Keep in mind any custom edits or mods that edited that file will not wok after this. Keep a copy of the old index.php file just in case it is needed.

P-F

Do you know what I did that could have caused this to happen? Is there supposed to be some other software I should use to edit the site? ie. change the logo to my own logo. I did look at the file from the smf download and it looks totally different than the one I have. If you would like I can upload the file to you for your review.

P-F

Bigguy

If you want to upload it that's fine. I will take a quick look. I use Php Designer to edit all my files. A lot of people say that Notepad ++ is good as well to use.

Sir Osis of Liver

You can use any text editor, but the file type must be set to plain text.  If the editor adds formatting codes to the file, it will screw up the code.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: