Question on a deleted forum.

Started by Galaxy Computers, November 26, 2011, 10:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galaxy Computers

Ok, I had a forum for my gift shop. I had deleted the forum itself but the strutcher and the information is still in the Database. Is it possible to download the lastest version to get back up running with all the information I have?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

Deaks

of all the data is still in the database then yes just upload the the files from install archive ... remove the install.php and upload the repair_settings.php, run that and set all the paths to the old databse etc.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Galaxy Computers

forgot to mention that I was using version 2.0 but I rather use the version 2.0.1
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Deaks

thats ok, there werent any db changes that I can recall in the update, think it was more file updates.

If you are worried justdownload the install file from the archive area for 2.0 then when its all down run the update for 2.0.1
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Galaxy Computers

Ok, Thanks. If I run any problems I will post it here.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Galaxy Computers

Quote from: Runic on November 26, 2011, 11:02:28 AM
of all the data is still in the database then yes just upload the the files from install archive ... remove the install.php and upload the repair_settings.php, run that and set all the paths to the old databse etc.

I don't see a repair_settings.php at all. Where can I find it?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Deaks

before you start take a backup of the database in phpmyadmin ... just incase ... also yes post if you need more help ... remember if you want someone to do it who knows what to do post in Help Wanted (Not for support) however some people may charge for doing it.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Galaxy Computers

when I clip next on the repair_settings.php I got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/community/Settings.php on line 51
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Deaks

hmm ill message you my email please send teh file to that ... please do not post it the forum.  Once i see the file I will be able to help better.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Galaxy Computers

You want me to email you my settings.php to you instead on the forum?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Deaks

Ok I have looked at the file if you open your Settings.php and just remove the } at line 53, this is not opened anywhere and is causing the error.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Galaxy Computers

When I click "Save Settings" its taking me to Install.php is that what its suppose to do?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Galaxy Computers

I have deleted "install.php" then when I click "Save Settings" its still going to the install.php and I got a page says "Page Not Found"
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Galaxy Computers

Quote from: Runic on November 26, 2011, 12:20:46 PM
odd  :/

Yes,,, tell me about it. I know it doesn't suppose to install.php
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Galaxy Computers

Would you like for me to email you my direct link to my repair_settings.php and show you what its doing?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Deaks

sorry dude got a cryin kid on my knee  ill see if someone can help you atm
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Galaxy Computers

Can someone else help me please. Runic did everything he could do.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Advertisement: