News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Theme Christmas Carol

Started by Ricky., November 28, 2011, 09:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

Theme Christmas Carol

View / Download this theme

By : Ricky.  |  My More Themes
For SMF 2.0 , SMF 2.0.1

A colorful theme specially for the celebration of Christmas. A fixed width theme with menu on left side of the forum giving your forum a unique layout along with combination of bright colors. Suitable for any kind of forum celebrating X-mas. This theme gives you beautiful looks yet with professional touch. Theme also allows you mention your custom copyright in footer.

You can change theme features at :
SMF Admin --> Configuration --> Current Theme

(Assuming that Theme Christmas Carol has been selected as overall smf theme on your forum).

Features

• Vertical menu in Sidebar
  • A fixed width theme
  • Bright colored
  • Allow you add your own logo from them Admin Menu
  • Utilizing CSS3 supported by all modern browser
  • Allows you to add custom copyright in footer

Some Screenshots

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Crip

Really a nice Christmas Theme R.I.C.K. ;D
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

TheListener

Will having a few portal blocks within the forum affect the menu being on the left?

Deaks

tbh id suggest moving them to the right, it will be in essence

Header
Portal Blocks | Menu | Forum (| Portal Blocks)
Footer
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

TheListener

Out of all the christmas themes I have seen so far I prefer this one.

To everyone whom has a christmas theme available please don't be offended. I'm just hard to please when it comes to themes.

Ozzie

Absolutley useless for anyone using a portal mod in my opinion,because with this having a fixed width even if you do as suggested in another post "move them to the right " with it having this fixed width when you add the blocks it compress's the middle section making it harder to read,also if you are using the arcade mod it does the same thing and it becomes so small it is bearly readable.

See pics

I do really like the overall look of the theme but any theme that wont let you use the normal functionality of your site just ain't worth bothering with in my opinion some may find it useful though,

best of luck with your future endevours

Ozzie

2000+ games available to download

Deaks

that is doing exactly what a portal does in any other theme :/
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Ozzie

yer i know it does but not to this extent maybe the overall fixed width should be made bigger ..i have tried using css to do it but the theme is in so many sections it would take ages whereas normally if you adjust the wrapper width in css it does it all in 1 go but not with this one and as it is only gonna be a short term theme it not worth spending a lot of time editing it.Hey anyhow i not knocking it as a theme i just saying in my opinion it not much use if you are using a portal as the backbone of your site

Deaks

the width is set in index.template.php also if you using simple portal you may wanna add portal.css into the themes css directory
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Ozzie

thanks for pointing that out but i just gonna leave it thanks ...all that done was alter the main body not the topsection or anything else thanks all the same i will give it a miss

Ricky.

When I decided to go for sidebar menu, I knew it will cause issue with any site using portal. But on the other hand, its made for core SMF and it does well with it. However, at once I thought I should give option to disable side menu but then sidemenu is the main hightlight of this theme.. can't do that !

Also, I am glad Ozzie that you liked my theme, its just unfortunate that the layout I decided for this theme is not suitable for for forums using Portals. However, as Runic said, its not that hard to manage but not straight forward either.

lolkittens

That's the Adk portal, not that bad but there is some stuff i'm going to have to fix.

Great theme, thanks for sharing.

Ricky.

Quote from: lolkittens on December 04, 2011, 02:23:19 PM
That's the Adk portal, not that bad but there is some stuff i'm going to have to fix.

Great theme, thanks for sharing.

Thanks lolkittens !

Kimmie

I use simple portal. I would like to use this theme but I noticed its not totally compatible with anyone using a portal. What do I need to do so that it will appear correctly on mine once I install it?

TIA

Ricky.

The problem with this theme is that it uses vertical menu, so you can use it if you don't use left sidebar. It may require few other tweaking though !

Kimmie

This installed on 2.0.2 fine but I need help with something...

Why is mine like this and how can I fix it?

Menu Tree:

Name area:

And this.. How can I get the "red" part to cover the entire area (like where it says news) ---- and how can i shrink the width between the left menu and the main forum part?

Ricky.

Looks like this theme need some small fixes, send me link to your website so that I can have clear idea.

Kimmie

I will send you the link in a pm along with an admin account in the next day or so. I do not have this theme turned on so the only way you can see it, is under admin.

I have a feeling the red part may not be able to be fixed. I don't like forums that narrow so I was widening it, when that happened.

Jed C

so what was the fix for Kimmie's issue as i have the same problem ?

Ricky.

Dear, this theme is no compatible with any portal due to its vertical menu. So if you are using a portal, please don't use it.

Jed C

i am not using a portal Ricky
the problem is only occurring to some users

Lexi P

Quote from: Ricky. on December 15, 2013, 06:29:45 AM
Dear, this theme is no compatible with any portal due to its vertical menu. So if you are using a portal, please don't use it.

I like the theme but i do use simple portal and found that it does not work well. Sorry ricky but i found another christmas theme to use. Hopefully you will work on this for next year.

Advertisement: