News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Classified Ads

Started by Galaxy Computers, November 29, 2011, 01:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

You could do that have a separate install but not sure why you would want to since then the users would need to signup/register twice on each site which would make it another step.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Galaxy Computers

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 29, 2011, 03:47:14 PM
You could do that have a separate install but not sure why you would want to since then the users would need to signup/register twice on each site which would make it another step.

Have this been done to have 2 separate forums under one database so they won't have register twice?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

vbgamer45

People have done it. But requires some coding there are couple threads/topics on this site for integrating/sharing members between two forums
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Galaxy Computers

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 29, 2011, 04:00:18 PM
People have done it. But requires some coding there are couple threads/topics on this site for integrating/sharing members between two forums

Here is another thought can I use a mod called TinyPortal and use the middle part of the home page between the two sides can I port the classified ads in the between middle part like on your main web page. I hope you know what I am talking about?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

vbgamer45

You can get the classifieds to work with Tiny Portal and have the blocks on either side of the classifieds.
But if you visit the directory itself will show the main forumhomepage/portal home page.
They would need to visit the classifieds tab in the menu to gain access to the classifieds area.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Galaxy Computers

So on the tiny portal they will see the classified ads on the main page and when they click on the one of the ads they will go to classifieds itself?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

vbgamer45

No on the classifieds page they would see the tiny portal blocks. We do support having recent listings shown in portal blocks using SSI.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Galaxy Computers

then how can I put some of the classified items on the main page so they can see it when they first go to my website?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

vbgamer45

We have addons for the classifieds which are SSI scripts that can be used with portals.
That can display recent listings or random listings. And custom SSI codes can be developed if needed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Galaxy Computers

If I decide to buy now for a test site and if that is what I want do I have to buy another one for another domain or can I use the same license?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

vbgamer45

Test site's are fine we allow that and a your main forum no need for extra license for that.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Galaxy Computers

One more thing I forgot to ask you,,,, If a member wants to charge shipping for their products do they have that option?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

vbgamer45

Quote from: mtechama on November 29, 2011, 04:40:54 PM
One more thing I forgot to ask you,,,, If a member wants to charge shipping for their products do they have that option?
Yes there is a field to enter the shipping price for the item.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Galaxy Computers

I have just paid you for a license.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Galaxy Computers

How much is your addon for SSI Scripts?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

vbgamer45

They are free.
Found in http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/board,32.0.html   You have to enter your classifieds license information under licenses to view that forum

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Galaxy Computers

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 29, 2011, 05:45:09 PM
They are free.
Found in http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/board,32.0.html   You have to enter your classifieds license information under licenses to view that forum

The link you gave says "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. "
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

vbgamer45

Yes you need to enter your license information first under
http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php?action=license
To gain access to that link/page.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Galaxy Computers

Can you use eZportal or Tiny Portal or doesn't it matter?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

vbgamer45

Either one works. I have some built in blocks in ezPortal otherwise TinyPortal can use SSI codes

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: