comments and criticisms required

Started by Ozzie, December 03, 2011, 07:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozzie

MY XMAS THEME

So i have just attempted my 1st theme adaption (BASED ON XMAS BY DzinerStudio ) and i would like some comments and criticisms about it.Mainly i want too know if i missed anything or done anything wrong and if so how to rectify it.

To view the theme go to www.ozzies-place.net no need to reg as i have set it as default so guests can view it you will need to click forum link on site as portal landing page has a separate theme..........

Looking forward to all comments

Thank You

OZZIE

2000+ games available to download

Night09

It looks nice to me,not too busy looking but plenty to see. :)

TheListener

Ozzie

i got it for download brack ,,,,no guarantees though it works fine on my site but it dont play well with adk portal on my test site apart from that it appears ok but that is why am asking here as it 1st i ever done and aint sure if i got it all correct  :laugh:  ::)

TheListener

When it comes to themes I am far too fussy.

Akyhne

Required?!
Are you allowed to edit the theme?

Robert.

Even if he isn't, what would it matter to you? He didn't said he was going to release it, did he?

Akyhne

I'm just qurious, ok! There's no need for him to edit the theme if he intends to release it, right?! Or would you rather tell him afterwards?

Ozzie

Quote from: Akyhne on December 04, 2011, 07:11:19 AM
Required?!
Are you allowed to edit the theme?

i went to DzinerStudio and read some posts and all free themes are allowed to be edited..  btw i also left the credit to DzinerStudio on the theme as mine is just a

adaptation of theirs...

As the OP said in his post "what would it matter to you" it seems to me you are so bitter and twisted  at the moment over some issue or other with staff here you are criticising every one who does anything with themes  "get on with your own life"

Akyhne

I don't know DzinerStudios rules, but I doubt you edit one of their themes and then release it here.

Quotewhat would it matter to you
I'm only trying to save you some work, that's it.

The "issue "with the team was that there were no official rule about Curve variations not being approved. I asked a team member and got no straight answer. Then I asked the team and got no answer.
But I have now got a clear answer from the Cus. team leader and I'm sure he will post about it if he hasn't already.

The reason I'm (re)moving all my themes and mods has nothing to do with that. Those reasons are personal, it's something I have thought about for a long time. But the main tricker to do it now is because I got a very ill son at the hospital. It has made me realise there are more important things in life than the internet.

Ozzie

It was never intended for release here i was only here to get comments as it was my 1st attempt and wanted to know if i was doing something incorrectly.. if any one wants to use it they can get it from my site with no guarantees

to be honest 90%+ is all my own i only used their theme as a skeleton and used 3 or 4 of their elements hence i gave credit to them

Norv

Sorry to add a bit to the off-topic matters here.
Quote from: Akyhne on December 04, 2011, 10:20:22 AM
I don't know DzinerStudios rules, but I doubt you edit one of their themes and then release it here.
Unless I'm missing something, I see the free themes for 2.0 have BSD licensed PHP files. (not XMas, a few others which have been updated to stable 2.0). Which means those files can actually be free to modify and release one's modifications, as long as license is respected (and basically credit is given).
There may be a question if the rest of the design is to be presumed as no rights allowed, though. Which means it's up to them at any time to specify their rules.

Aky,
I'm so sorry to know that, I cannot imagine what you must be going through. My thoughts are with your son.

Ozzie,
Apologies for continuing off-topic. Your site looks cool to me at a cursory glance. :)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

ARG01

To help clear things up. You are allowed to edit/alter any of our themes as you wish as long as our copyright stays in tact and links to our site.
However, you are not allowed to re-distribute or offer for download any of our themes, any part of our themes, it's code, elements and/or images etc., altered or not without our expressed written consent.

Quote from: Ozzie on December 04, 2011, 08:54:49 AM

i went to DzinerStudio and read some posts and all free themes are allowed to be edited..  btw i also left the credit to DzinerStudio on the theme as mine is just a

adaptation of theirs...

Btw, I see no copyright or "credit" visible on this theme. Please restore it asap.

Carry on.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Norv

[off topic]
ARG,
Thank you for the statements. I can see a problem, but I'll follow up on it on Dziner site asap.
[/off topic]
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Akyhne

Well, then there were a good reason for me to ask, until it was clarified it was only for private use.

ARG01

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Ozzie

Btw, I see no copyright or "credit" visible on this theme. Please restore it asap.

if you looked at the bottom off the theme it has (  X-Mas-Variation design by OZZIE Based on X-Mas-By DzinerStudio ) and always has been there since i made it

ARG01

Quote from: Ozzie on December 04, 2011, 06:37:13 PM

if you looked at the bottom off the theme it has (  X-Mas-Variation design by OZZIE Based on X-Mas-By DzinerStudio ) and always has been there since i made it

I think that it would first be best to have a theme selector that actually works. It seems to be stuck on the Torch theme.

;)

Ozzie

i never noticed that ...you musta looked on the landing page that is set to use touch the rest of the forum has the modified xmas theme as default,sorry about any confusion caused

ARG01

Quote from: Ozzie on December 04, 2011, 07:51:25 PM
i never noticed that ...you musta looked on the landing page that is set to use touch the rest of the forum has the modified xmas theme as default,sorry about any confusion caused

Looks nice. As long as you don't redistribute it then all is good on our end.  ;)

Advertisement: