News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

New colors

Started by bharat, September 14, 2015, 07:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat

I would like to change colors of the main page, now they are standard blue but I would like to have a different one. Where can I change it?

Steve

Are you wanting to add a new theme or just change the colors of the default one?
DO NOT pm me for support!

bharat

I want to change the colors of the default theme for now.

margarett

Some parts you can change just by changing CSS (use you browser's developer tools to easily find them) but others are part of an image (main_block.png) which will require you to edit said image.
Search the theme site for Curve variations which should give you an idea how they did it
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bharat

Where can I change CSS? And what do you mean by edit said image?

margarett

You can can change the theme's CSS by editing index.css. But your browser's developer tools should allow you to change those "on-the-fly" and immediately see the end result.
"Said image" means to edit main_block.png

In all honesty, if you are struggling with these concepts, your best bet is to try a different theme, one that fits your taste better.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bharat

Unfortunately in other themes some of mods are not working correctly that's why I wanted to change on default theme.

margarett

Yeah I understand...

Anyway, check Curve variations. They are very close to Curve (so MODs should work) and you might find one that you like.

If not, well, it's time to study how stuff works ;)

bharat

I didn't really understand where can I check Curve variations? I would like to learn more, so slowly getting familiar with different things.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

Thanks a lot, will check it out! I would really prefer to choose colors myself, let's see if I can do that.

Antechinus

Yeah sure, you can do that. Easiest way to start is probably to pick a variation you generally like, or at least can stand looking at, and run the index.css file for it through a file editor to compare it with the default file.

Notepad++ will compare two files side by side, and highlight the differences for you.

Use Top menu > Plugins > Compare > Compare to view the files side by side. It's easiest if the two files are opened one after the other in the editor, as the compare plugin automatically chooses the last two files opened.

When you're finished, use Top menu > Plugins > Compare > Clear results to revert to a normal display.

Advertisement: