News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I need to moderate posts and comments

Started by preacherman, December 07, 2011, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preacherman

I did not want to have to moderate posts and comments to our Bible Study forum so I left everything open.  It seems some people have no respect for others and choose to post unrelated topics so I find myself needing to moderate everything.  My problem is I can not find the section to tell the software everything needs to require moderation.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Clyde Reid aka Preacherman

Joker™

I think you are asking for post approval feature.

To enable it perform the following steps:

Administration Center » Core Features
Post Moderation (enable this option from here)

Administration Center » Permissions » Edit Profiles
Create a new profile in here and name it anything you like (Personally I prefer it named as "Approval")

Now, click on profile approval and set permissions for each group.
Post new topics, without requiring approval  -- uncheck that options for those groups for which you want to activate the approval system when they create a new topic.

To see the unapproved posts see the moderation center of your forum.

Hope this helps you :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

preacherman

Joker,
Thank you for your reply but I do not find the links you are talking about in any of the admin sections.  I am using SMF2.0.1  Could that be the difference?

I found an area that sounds similar but nothing that allows me to tell the script I need to moderate every post/reply.

Thanks again,
preacherman

MC73

Preacherman, That is for 2.0.1 version ..... hit admin .... then look for core features under the configuration area , no script needed for it is a default feature of 2.0.1 if activated as Joker post said.
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

preacherman

mc73,
Thanks for the info.  I was not aware I needed to be in the configuration area of the admin section.  I got part of it done but my problem now is I can't find a way to do this

Post new topics, without requiring approval  -- uncheck that options for those groups for which you want to activate the approval system when they create a new topic.

I can't find the profile approval to click on to set the permissions.

Man, I am feeling about as dumb as a box of rocks.  I am betting this is right in front of me.

Thanks again,
preacherman

preacherman

All of a sudden we have almost 300 members so I guess I need to find out how make sure members have to be approved along with the rest of this.

I deleted the members but I do not know how to keep them from signing up again.

Joker™

Quote from: preacherman on December 07, 2011, 10:03:23 PM
Thanks for the info.  I was not aware I needed to be in the configuration area of the admin section.  I got part of it done but my problem now is I can't find a way to do this

I can't find the profile approval to click on to set the permissions.

Man, I am feeling about as dumb as a box of rocks.  I am betting this is right in front of me.
Yeah it was there only :P

Administration Center » Permissions » Edit Profiles
Click on approval profile name there and edit the permissions of membergroups which appears on your screen.

Quote from: preacherman on December 07, 2011, 11:41:09 PM
All of a sudden we have almost 300 members so I guess I need to find out how make sure members have to be approved along with the rest of this.

I deleted the members but I do not know how to keep them from signing up again.
I would suggest you to ban them with a ban on their IP address and email id instead of deleting them.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

preacherman

Joker and MC73,
Finally figured it out with all of your help.

No one outside our group has suddenly shown up as a member since I deleted them. Thanks for the banning idea, if anything like that happens again I will do exactly that.

Many Blessings

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

rafiqulalam

Dear Joker,
thanks for the others help. Please help me to do A Specific Board or Category to Approval not all Boards. How it is possible. Please help me.

thanks

Joker™

Quote from: rafiqulalam on May 04, 2012, 01:32:47 PM
Dear Joker,
thanks for the others help. Please help me to do A Specific Board or Category to Approval not all Boards. How it is possible. Please help me.

thanks
Hope the link in my signature will be able to help you out.

Also, try to open new topics as solved topics tends to get ignored :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: