News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

My thread titles are gone!

Started by wynnyelle, December 11, 2011, 11:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnyelle

They were in the header bar and now they're gone! I don't know what happened, I wasn't doing any code! How do I get them back???

Edit: They seemed to reappear now are gone again.

Chas Large

If it's the forum in your signature, they all look OK to me just now. Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like when they disappear? It might be a Theme or Mod related issue so first stop is to try the default Curve theme to see if all is well there and then switch back to see if they've gone again.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

mashby

I see this all over the place (well, not really), but I see this:
QuoteCome little kits.I won't hurt you.(Open to anyone that wants to be kitnapped.)  (Read 973 times)
In <title>
linktree
<span id="top_subject">
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

It hides in chrome like if there is a <br /> tag.

Anyhow, in /Themes/winterwarriors/css/index.css

h4.catbg, h4.catbg2, h3.catbg, h3.catbg2, .table_list tbody.header td.catbg {
background : #7AB0F2;
color : #142264;
padding-right : 9px;
-webkit-border-radius: 9px;
-moz-border-radius: 9px;
border-radius: 9px;
}

Change padding-right : 9px; to padding-right : 8px;

It should show up right.

wynnyelle

Tried it. It didn't do anything at all.

mashby

I see it on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE. Maybe it's because I'm not logged in, but I wouldn't think that would matter very much.
- James M. Barrie

wynnyelle

Seeing it on any of those is a problem.

I am also getting this problem:

http://warriorcatsrpg.com/the-help-den/is-it-me-or-is-posts....glitching-328667.new.html#new

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5020/profileyeaaaaah.png

Two problems. The colours are all messed up, and the words are all to one side. This I consider even more serious. Anyone who can aid me in this is welcome to and I would be very grateful.

mashby

When did this start happening? If I remember correctly, you have customized your site so much, you don't want to move off of RC3. It's rather hard for support to keep up with supporting release candidates. As much as you don't want to read this, I highly recommend upgrading to 2.0.2.
- James M. Barrie

mashby

http://warriorcatsrpg.com/Themes/winterwarriors/css/index.css?rc3
Give this a try.
Look for:
.post, .personalmessage {
overflow : auto;
line-height : 1.4em;
padding : 0.1em 0;
}

Remove (or comment out):
overflow : auto;
Like:
.post, .personalmessage {
line-height : 1.4em;
padding : 0.1em 0;
}
- James M. Barrie

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

That is bang on mashby! :)

Chrome dev tools are pretty cool to play with. (that is the same thing I came up with. - not sure if that fixes it though.)

wynnyelle

..That's personal messages. It would also fix posts? My post problems?

mashby

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on January 06, 2012, 08:32:21 PM

Chrome dev tools are pretty cool to play with. (that is the same thing I came up with. - not sure if that fixes it though.)
Chrome has dev tools?!? I have Firebug Lite on it, but it's rather useless. I use Firefox/Firebug. What dev tools are available? I use Chrome to play Angry Birds and Canvas Rider when I'm bored (and to upload videos to YouTube).
- James M. Barrie

mashby

Quote from: Groovystar on January 06, 2012, 08:34:56 PM
..That's personal messages. It would also fix posts? My post problems?
One would hope so...
.post, .personalmessage
:)
Have you tried it out?
- James M. Barrie

wynnyelle

I just did, it did not fix the titles at all.

I don't know about whether it helped with the more serious problems.

mashby

Control F5 a few times. The text flows normally now.
- James M. Barrie

wynnyelle

Do you mean for the titles or the post bodies?

I still don't see a change for the titles, I don't know about the post bodies as that never popped up for me at all.

http://warriorcatsrpg.com/nursery/come-little-kits.i-wont-hurt-you.open-anyone-that-wants-be-kitnapped.-309014.0.html

The title is not there....do you see it?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: mashby on January 06, 2012, 08:35:03 PM
Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on January 06, 2012, 08:32:21 PM

Chrome has dev tools?!? I have Firebug Lite on it, but it's rather useless. I use Firefox/Firebug. What dev tools are available? I use Chrome to play Angry Birds and Canvas Rider when I'm bored (and to upload videos to YouTube).

It is something similar to firebug. I feel more comfortable with the dev tools in chrome. Right click on the area where you have the issue and inspect element. It gives you a whole bunch of things to troubleshoot it. :)

I am done with angry birds on chrome.. there haven't been any new updates since a long time.. :(

No Groovystar, the edit by mashby is for the text of the post getting aligned to the right side automatically. It fixes the text issue. :)

mashby

I now see what you mean, although I didn't see it before:
#forumposts h3 span#top_subject {
    margin: 0 0 0 7.7em;
}
That 7.7em is likely causing the issue. I would change that or consider removing that whole thing. I disabled the margin using Firebug and that made it look just fine to me. Although I am now seeing performance issues on your site (waiting for it to load in Chrome).
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: