Cannot lock threads

Started by kattara, December 14, 2011, 11:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattara

Would it help if you had my login?

hcfwesker

The forum is in maintenance mode at the moment.  If possible, could you create a test account with full admin permissions, and PM me the log-in details.  This would help speed up the process of trouble shooting this.  I won't make any changes without notifying you first.  I'll understand if you're not comfortable doing this. 

kattara

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 15, 2011, 03:15:14 PM
The forum is in maintenance mode at the moment.  If possible, could you create a test account with full admin permissions, and PM me the log-in details.  This would help speed up the process of trouble shooting this.  I won't make any changes without notifying you first.  I'll understand if you're not comfortable doing this.

Huh?  The forum isn't in maintenance mode...   ???

Illori

yes it is, guests cant view anything but the login screen with notice of maintenance mode.

kattara

Quote from: Illori on December 15, 2011, 03:20:14 PM
yes it is, guests cant view anything but the login screen with notice of maintenance mode.

gwa??  really??  ok, one sec...

kattara

OK, it's out of maintenance mode now.  Should I pm both of you the details of an admin account?

hcfwesker

I don't know about Illori, but you can send me the details, and I'll take a look.

kattara

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 15, 2011, 03:42:47 PM
I don't know about Illori, but you can send me the details, and I'll take a look.

Thanks, dude!!  PM sent!

hcfwesker

You're probably going to hate me for this, lol ....  see the attached pic.  ;)

I've made no changes, as soon as I logged in, it was right there at the bottom.  this is on your Rules topic page.

kattara

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 15, 2011, 03:53:49 PM
You're probably going to hate me for this, lol ....  see the attached pic.  ;)

I've made no changes, as soon as I logged in, it was right there at the bottom.  this is on your Rules topic page.

Oh my freakin gawd!!!   :o :o :o :o :o

OK, in my defense, I'm so used to seeing those options on the right hand side of the topic name.  You know, where the last post icon is?  Was this changed in 2.0.1, or is there a mod/option that I'm used to seeing in my other forum?

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Illori

it was changed in 2.0 as the theme changed, you could try the core theme and see if you like that better, but there are still some changes.

kattara

Quote from: Illori on December 15, 2011, 03:59:30 PM
it was changed in 2.0 as the theme changed, you could try the core theme and see if you like that better, but there are still some changes.

My other forum is on 2.0 and those options are there.  Maybe it is the theme, then.  I'm so embarrassed!  Thanks so much, dude!!!

hcfwesker

Also, on the topiclisting page.  See attached pic.

Here's the problem.  You have quick mod tools turned off for you.  To reset this option for everyone ...

Goto Themes & Layout >  Member Options >  (Theme Name , select Change current options for all members using this theme  )  >   Scroll to the very bottom.

Show quick-moderation as

Change the box on the left to "Change"  ... and the box on the right to "checkboxes"

I made the changes for you.  you should see them on your forum now.

Illori

you would also want to change those options for guests and new users or they will not see them once they register.

kattara

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 15, 2011, 04:01:50 PM
Also, on the topiclisting page.  See attached pic.

Here's the problem.  You have quick mod tools turned off for you.  To reset this option for everyone ...

Goto Themes & Layout >  Member Options >  (Theme Name , select Change current options for all members using this theme  )  >   Scroll to the very bottom.

Show quick-moderation as

Change the box on the left to "Change"  ... and the box on the right to "checkboxes"

I made the changes for you.  you should see them on your forum now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  Now I gotta go to work.  :(

hcfwesker

No problem.  Be sure to change the test admin account password ;)

alos, this is another issue I'm seeing.  Each post reply gets another Re: added to the title prefix.  Re: Re: Re: Rules

check out this mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2172

kattara

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 15, 2011, 04:04:54 PM
No problem.  Be sure to change the test admin account password ;)

alos, this is another issue I'm seeing.  Each post reply gets another Re: added to the title prefix.  Re: Re: Re: Rules

check out this mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2172

That only happens when posting from tapatalk.  :)  But thanks again!!  You are THE BEST!!!

hcfwesker

Quote from: Illori on December 15, 2011, 04:03:00 PM
you would also want to change those options for guests and new users or they will not see them once they register.

I did a force change for all user settings in the theme options :)

Illori

if you dont change for guests/new users they dont get the options as it would be using the old defaults. only those using the theme [currently registered] would have an effect with what you did.

hcfwesker

Oh yeah yeah,  you're absolutely right.

Gotta make the same changes for this page as well ..  Goto Themes & Layout >  Member Options >  (Theme Name , select "Configure guest and new user options for this theme"

Plus make the changes on all themes.

Advertisement: