Event Registration for SMF2

Started by HoverClub, December 15, 2011, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

ok... did a manual update/replacement of the old code with the new for the registration mod and did an auto uninstall/install with the reminder mod. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Omniverse

Thank you for adding the comments, very awesome of you.

If I may offer another (few) suggestion...

Having to click 'show' to see each comment makes it difficult to document who is bringing what, or if they need something known about their arrival. Would it be possible to just expand the comment area a bit (where the show button is), to display the comment and leave the 'show' out? Didn't like comments being below the entry on the other mod either. :)

I also notice a few asked about the 'show' to display the list initially. I have a possible solution, I don't mind it either way, and I can see your point about very large lists.... However, if you added a div max-height to the list display area, it would get scroll bars for the list instead, and be contained in a manageable area. This could also be easily changed (well, for some) to how long they can tolerate the list being before a scroll.

Just a final note. I am currently running a test of your mod, and didn't realize before... but you can't sign up with a different name than your display name like the other mod. We actually liked that functionality because people want to use real names for the events and not the name displayed in the forum.
Any chance to add that as well? That was actually our favorite thing about the other mod, was how it did the names for sign ups. If you inserted a name other than your forum name, it displayed it along with your forum name next to it.

Thank you again for your time developing this mod, I'm sure it is appreciated by many. :)

HoverClub

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've uploaded another update today that allows the event creator and admins to download the registrant list (including comments) in CSV form for remote use.

I'm not a big fan of scrolling boxes inside windows, etc. on basic usability grounds - if you scroll-wheel a page and hit the scrolling box it scrolls it instead of the page!  However, having to click a show button isn't all that great either - there is no simple solution I can see at the moment.

At the moment on non-pay events all a member has to do is click the register button - I'm not keen on complicating the signup process if at all possible.  The name used is the members real name which is consistent with the way SMF handles names (the real name is what the member wants to be known by - it's their choice).

Omniverse

Perhaps use a 'show more' button instead.

Set the list to display up to a certain amount of entries, say 20 for instance. If the list goes beyond the set number, then a 'show more' button comes up to display the rest.

Could possibly make it settable by the user so they can tailor how many entries are listed (before the show more).

Just a thought. :)

hcfwesker

Quote from: Omniverse on February 02, 2012, 01:32:25 PM
Perhaps use a 'show more' button instead.

Set the list to display up to a certain amount of entries, say 20 for instance. If the list goes beyond the set number, then a 'show more' button comes up to display the rest.

I REALLY like this suggestion.  like a default number, we can set, of participants to show in the registration table, then a [Show More] option for hosts and members to click to view more. 

doughboy99

Hi

I'm getting errors saving the csv file on my test site

xxxx.co.uk/gforum/index.php?action=registerEvent;eventid=467;topic=762.0
8: Undefined index: start_timestamp
File: /xxxx/gforum/Sources/RegisterEvent.php
Line: 321

8: Undefined variable: UnconfCount
File: /xxxxl/gforum/Sources/RegisterEvent.php
Line: 398

8: Undefined variable: csv
File: /xxxx/gforum/Sources/RegisterEvent.php
Line: 405

2: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxxxl/gforum/Sources/RegisterEvent.php:451)
File: /xxxx/gforum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2829

Solid Orphan

Thanks a lot for your mod! I wanted to help you so I've tried to translate into french. Here the translation:

$txt['register_mod_title'] = 'Options d'inscription';
$txt['register_mod_registered'] = 'Inscrit';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmed'] = 'Non confirmé';
$txt['register_mod_confirmed'] = 'Confirmé';
$txt['register_mod_notreg'] = 'non inscrit.';
$txt['register_mod_registerButtonValue'] = 'Inscription';
$txt['register_mod_confirmButton'] = 'Confirmer';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmButton'] = 'Ne pas confirmer';
$txt['register_mod_unregisterButton'] = 'Se désinscrire';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmWarning'] = 'Si vous ne confirmez pas, vous perdez votre place à l'évènement et vous pourrez ne pourrais peut-être pas le confirmer plus tard!';
$txt['register_mod_areYouSure'] = 'Êtes-vous sûr?';
$txt['register_mod_unregisterWarning'] = 'Si vous vous désinscrivez, vous ne serez peut-être plus vous inscrire pour cet évènement!';
$txt['register_mod_maxAttendants'] = 'Nombre de places maximal ';
$txt['register_mod_alreadyRegistered'] = 'Vous êtes déjà inscrit pour cet évènement!';
$txt['register_mod_nameHeader'] = 'Nom';
$txt['register_mod_statusHeader'] = 'Statut';
$txt['register_mod_closed'] = 'Les inscriptions sont fermées pour cet évènement';
$txt['register_mod_fin'] = 'Cet évènement est fini ';
$txt['register_mod_logintext'] = 'Veuillez vous <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">connecter</a> ou vous <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">inscrire</a> pour participer à cet évènement.';
$txt['register_mod_pmAll'] = 'Envoyer un message à tout le monde';
$txt['register_mod_pmCon'] = 'Message confirmé';
$txt['register_mod_pmSel'] = 'Message sélectionné';
$txt['register_mod_pmUnCon'] = 'Message non confirmé';
$txt['register_mod_daysClosed'] = 'L'évènement n'accepte plus de personnes supplémentaires ';
$txt['register_mod_confirm'] = 'Confirmation nécessaire ';
$txt['register_mod_iAgree'] = 'J'accepte';
$txt['register_mod_iDisagree'] = 'Je refuse
';
$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditions'] = 'Les termes et conditions de l'évènement (vous pouvez utiliser le format texte BBcode):';
$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditionsHeader'] = 'Entrez les termes et conditions de l'évènement';
$txt['register_mod_daysbefore'] = ' jour(s) avant l'évènement';
$txt['register_mod_group'] = 'Désolé - votre groupe ne peut pas s'inscrire.';
$txt['register_mod_waitpaid'] = 'Paiement en attendre de confirmation - veuillez vérifier plus tard. ';
$txt['register_mod_paid'] = ' et payer';
$txt['register_mod_payButton'] = 'Payer les frais d'inscription';
$txt['register_mod_payConfButton'] = 'Payer les frais de confirmation';
$txt['no_entry'] = 'Pas de paiement requis';
$txt['register_mod_showatt'] = '[Montrer]';
$txt['register_mod_hideatt'] = '[Cacher]';
$txt['register_mod_noplaces'] = 'Désolé - plus de place disponible, veuillez réessayer plus tard. ';

$txt['register_mod_selgroup'] = 'Groupes qui peuvent s'inscrire pour cet évènement - utiliser le bouton SHIFT et/ou CTRL pour sélectionner plusieurs groupes (si aucun groupe n'est sélectionné, l'inscription n'est pas requis pour l'évènement)';
$txt['register_mod_selsubs_reg'] = 'Les frais de l'évènement doivent être payés pour s'inscrire à l'évènement (des frais de souscription de l'évènement disponible pour ce forum) - dont n'importe quel peut être utilisé pour payer les frais d'inscription de l'événement. Utiliser la touche SHIFT et/ou CTRL pour sélectioner plus d'une souscription.';
$txt['register_mod_confirm_opt'] = 'Options de confirmation';
$txt['register_mod_selsubs'] = 'Les frais à confirmer pour participer à l'évènement.';
$txt['register_mod_deleteUserWarning'] = 'Vous êtes sur le point d'enlever les membres sélectionner pour cet évènement (si ils ont payés des frais, vous devez trouver un moyen de rembourser)!';
$txt['register_mod_deleteusers'] = 'Enlever les sélectionnés';
$txt['register_mod_eventsub'] = 'Inscription de l'évènement';
$txt['register_mod_eventsub_desc'] = 'Sélectionner pour que la souscription soit disponible que pour l'inscription à l'évènement (ce ne sera pas listé en tant que souscription payant pour les membres).';

$txt['register_mod_you_are'] = 'Vous êtes ';
$txt['register_mod_you_may'] = 'Vous pouvez vous ';
$txt['all_groups'] = 'Sélectionner tous les groupes';

// default terms and conditions used on new event posts (leave blank for no default terms)
$txt['register_mod_terms'] = '';

HoverClub

Thanks- I'll add it at the next update.

OCJ

Its looking good - you put a lot of work in so far I think - appreciated!

I also think its perhaps a good idea to show a bit more about registrations on the topic page. Having a setting to 'show x number of signups' by default. Its always an incentive for people to sign up if they see a list of names when they visit the topic page. Not everyone seems to notice the 'show' link and gives the impression the event is not so active.

bbpiper

Hi ,

Just wondering if there is a way to see who cannot make an event?

Its great to see who can but would be nice to see who can't.

Thanks,
Barry

jan.van.gent

It works perfectly!

I'm currently making some changes to the dutch translation, I will post it here soon.

The .csv download doesn't work for me. Any suggestions?

HoverClub

QuoteIts great to see who can but would be nice to see who can't.
... depends on which groups are permitted to register - could be many thousands of members.  Or am I misunderstanding?

Quote from: jan.van.gent on February 15, 2012, 10:12:30 AMThe .csv download doesn't work for me. Any suggestions?
What happens? It should open another tab or a download save/open prompt.  What browser/version are you using?

jan.van.gent

Quote from: HoverClub on February 15, 2012, 10:27:06 AM
QuoteIts great to see who can but would be nice to see who can't.
... depends on which groups are permitted to register - could be many thousands of members.  Or am I misunderstanding?

Quote from: jan.van.gent on February 15, 2012, 10:12:30 AMThe .csv download doesn't work for me. Any suggestions?
What happens? It should open another tab or a download save/open prompt.  What browser/version are you using?

In chrome a .csv starts downloading but it is aborted every time.
In internet explorer, the link is dead.

the forum: www.bimmerboard.be

HoverClub

Works OK in Chrome/Opera/IE8-9/Firefox here.  I can't test that function on your board without correct permissions - maybe an uninstall and re-install will fix it?

bbpiper

HI ,

Sorry meant to say who can't make an event, would be nice to have a list of ppl that can't make an event.

I belong to a band and members indicate their availabilty  to make events.

So would be good to be able to have a listing of members who are not able to make an event.

Kindred

what he actually means is allow responses

Will Attend/Confirm
May Attend
Will Not Attend
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bbpiper

Quote from: Kindred on February 15, 2012, 02:55:34 PM
what he actually means is allow responses

Will Attend/Confirm
May Attend
Will Not Attend

Yes, Exactly.  But be able to show each members status for the event and download it.

jan.van.gent

Quote from: HoverClub on February 15, 2012, 12:58:48 PM
Works OK in Chrome/Opera/IE8-9/Firefox here.  I can't test that function on your board without correct permissions - maybe an uninstall and re-install will fix it?

I have the modification running on 2 forums and it doesn't work.
Maybe you can register on cadcamforum.be (a just started forum) and make an event and try to download it?

jan.van.gent

New update dutch translation:

$txt['register_mod_title'] = 'Registratie opties';
$txt['register_mod_registered'] = 'geregistreerd';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmed'] = 'nog niet definitief ingeschreven';
$txt['register_mod_confirmed'] = 'ingeschreven';
$txt['register_mod_notreg'] = 'Niet deelnemen';
$txt['register_mod_registerButtonValue'] = 'u registreren';
$txt['register_mod_confirmButton'] = 'of de registratie bevestigen';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmButton'] = 'je uitschrijven';
$txt['register_mod_unregisterButton'] = 'de registratie ongedaan maken';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmWarning'] = 'Wanneer je de bevestiging ongedaan maakt verlies je uw plaats en kan het zijn dat het niet meer mogelijk is om niet opnieuw te bevestigen!';
$txt['register_mod_areYouSure'] = 'Bent u dit zeker?';
$txt['register_mod_unregisterWarning'] = 'Wanneer je de registratie ongedaan maakt verlies je uw plaats en kan het zijn dat het niet meer mogelijk is om je opnieuw in te schrijven!';
$txt['register_mod_maxAttendants'] = 'Maximum aantal deelnemers ';
$txt['register_mod_alreadyRegistered'] = 'U bent reeds geregistreerd voor dit evenement!';
$txt['register_mod_nameHeader'] = 'Naam';
$txt['register_mod_statusHeader'] = 'Status';
$txt['register_mod_closed'] = 'Registratie voor dit evenement is gesloten';
$txt['register_mod_fin'] = 'Dit evenement is voorbij';
$txt['register_mod_logintext'] = 'Gelieve in te  <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">loggen</a> of te <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">registreren</a> om u in te schrijven voor dit evenement.';
$txt['register_mod_pmAll'] = 'PM naar iedereen';
$txt['register_mod_pmCon'] = 'PM naar de geconfirmeerden';
$txt['register_mod_pmSel'] = 'PM naar de geselecteerden';
$txt['register_mod_pmUnCon'] = 'PM naar de nog niet geconfirmeerden';
$txt['register_mod_download'] = 'Download';
$txt['register_mod_daysClosed'] = 'Sluiting inschrijving ';
$txt['register_mod_confirm'] = 'Bevestiging vereist ';
$txt['register_mod_iAgree'] = 'Ik ga akkoord';
$txt['register_mod_iDisagree'] = 'Ik ga niet akkoord';
$txt['register_mod_comment'] = 'Reactie toevoegen';
$txt['register_mod_allowcomment'] = 'Commentaar bij registratie toestaan';
$txt['register_mod_tcomment'] = 'Reactie';
$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditions'] = 'Evenement voorwaarden en condities';
$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditionsHeader'] = 'Evenement voorwaarden en condities';
$txt['register_mod_daysbefore'] = ' dagen voor event';
$txt['register_mod_group'] = 'Sorry, u hebt geen toegang tot dit evenement';
$txt['register_mod_waitpaid'] = 'We wachten nog op de betaling, check later nog eens ';
$txt['register_mod_paid'] = ' en betaald';
$txt['register_mod_payButton'] = 'Gelieve te betalen';
$txt['register_mod_payConfButton'] = 'Betaal';
$txt['no_entry'] = 'Geen betaling noodzakelijk';
$txt['register_mod_showatt'] = '[Toon]';
$txt['register_mod_hideatt'] = '[Verberg]';
$txt['register_mod_noplaces'] = 'Sorry, er zijn geen plaatsen meer vrij, probeer later nog eens ';

$txt['register_mod_selgroup'] = 'Member groups die zich kunnen registreren voor dit evenement, gebruik SHIFT and/or CTRL knoppen om meerdere groepen te selecteren(Als geen groupen geselecteerd zijn is geen registratie vereist voor dit evenement)';
$txt['register_mod_selsubs_reg'] = 'Deelnemers prijs dat moet betaald worden om deel te nemen aan dit evenement (van de \'event\' betaling subscriptions beschikbaar on this forum). SHIFT en/of CTRL klikken om meerdere te selecteren.';
$txt['register_mod_confirm_opt'] = 'Bevestiging opties';
$txt['register_mod_selsubs'] = 'Mogelijke betalingen om te Bevestiging voor dit evenement.';
$txt['register_mod_deleteUserWarning'] = 'Opgelet, u staat op het punt de geselecteerde leden te verwijderen van dit evenement. ';
$txt['register_mod_deleteusers'] = 'Verwijder selectie';
$txt['register_mod_confirmusers'] = 'Bevestig selectie';
$txt['register_mod_eventsub'] = 'Evenement inschrijving';
$txt['register_mod_eventsub_desc'] = 'Selecteer om deze inschrijving enkel beschikbaar te maken voor registratie (niet voor betalende evenementen).';

$txt['register_mod_you_are'] = 'Je bent ';
$txt['register_mod_you_may'] = 'Je kan ';
$txt['all_groups'] = 'Selecteer alle groepen';

Joe B

I have this problem to.
In chrome a .csv starts downloading but it is aborted every time.
In FF I get what the images says.

Advertisement: