Event Registration for SMF2

Started by HoverClub, December 15, 2011, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jan.van.gent

Quote from: HoverClub on January 11, 2012, 05:29:54 AM
I'd be happy to include other language versions if someone volunteers to do the translation work (hint, hint  :)).
I'm willing to translate to dutch.
Maybe you can make a list of words i should translate? Because i don't know anything about coding.

It's a damn nice mod!

hcfwesker

Quote from: jan.van.gent on January 11, 2012, 05:37:43 AM
I'm willing to translate to dutch.
Maybe you can make a list of words i should translate? Because i don't know anything about coding.

here you go :)  I believe all you have to modify is the portion in red, for each line in the codes

$txt['register_mod_title'] = 'Registration Options';

languages/Modifications.english.php
$txt['register_mod_title'] = 'Registration Options';
$txt['register_mod_registered'] = 'Registered';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmed'] = 'Unconfirmed';
$txt['register_mod_confirmed'] = 'Confirmed';
$txt['register_mod_notreg'] = 'not attending.';
$txt['register_mod_registerButtonValue'] = 'Register';
$txt['register_mod_confirmButton'] = 'Confirm';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmButton'] = 'Unconfirm';
$txt['register_mod_unregisterButton'] = 'Unregister';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmWarning'] = 'If you unconfirm you will lose your place at this event and may not be able to re-confirm!';
$txt['register_mod_areYouSure'] = 'Are you sure?';
$txt['register_mod_unregisterWarning'] = 'If you unregister you may not be able to re-register!';
$txt['register_mod_maxAttendants'] = 'Maximum places available ';
$txt['register_mod_alreadyRegistered'] = 'You have already registered for this event!';
$txt['register_mod_nameHeader'] = 'Name';
$txt['register_mod_statusHeader'] = 'Status';
$txt['register_mod_closed'] = 'Registration has closed for this event';
$txt['register_mod_fin'] = 'This event has finished ';
$txt['register_mod_logintext'] = 'Please <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">login</a> or <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">register</a> to sign up for this event.';
$txt['register_mod_pmAll'] = 'PM all';
$txt['register_mod_pmCon'] = 'PM confirmed';
$txt['register_mod_pmSel'] = 'PM selected';
$txt['register_mod_pmUnCon'] = 'PM unconfirmed';
$txt['register_mod_daysClosed'] = 'Event entry closes ';
$txt['register_mod_confirm'] = 'Requires confirmation ';
$txt['register_mod_iAgree'] = 'I Agree';
$txt['register_mod_iDisagree'] = 'I Disagree';
$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditions'] = 'Event entry terms and conditions (you can use BBcode to format the text):';
$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditionsHeader'] = 'Event Entry Terms and Conditions';
$txt['register_mod_daysbefore'] = ' day(s) before event';
$txt['register_mod_group'] = 'Sorry - your group is unable to attend this event.';
$txt['register_mod_waitpaid'] = 'Awaiting payment clearance - please check again later. ';
$txt['register_mod_paid'] = ' and paid';
$txt['register_mod_payButton'] = 'Pay Reg. Fee';
$txt['register_mod_payConfButton'] = 'Pay Confirmation Fee';
$txt['no_entry'] = 'No payment required';
$txt['register_mod_showatt'] = '[Show]';
$txt['register_mod_hideatt'] = '[Hide]';
$txt['register_mod_noplaces'] = 'Sorry - no more places are available, please try again later. ';

$txt['register_mod_selgroup'] = 'Member groups that can register for this event - use SHIFT and/or CTRL keys to select multiple groups (If no groups are selected then registration is not required for this event)';
$txt['register_mod_selsubs_reg'] = 'Event fee(s) that must be paid to register for this event (from the \'event\' paid subscriptions available on this forum) - any one of which may be used to pay the event registration fee. SHIFT and/or CTRL click to select more than one subscription.';
$txt['register_mod_confirm_opt'] = 'Confirmation options';
$txt['register_mod_selsubs'] = 'Event fee(s) payable to confirm for this event.';
$txt['register_mod_deleteUserWarning'] = 'You are about to remove the selected members from this event (if they have paid an entry fee then you may need to issue a refund)!';
$txt['register_mod_deleteusers'] = 'Remove selected';
$txt['register_mod_eventsub'] = 'Event subscription';
$txt['register_mod_eventsub_desc'] = 'Select to make this subscription available for event registration only (it won\'t be listed as a paid subscription to members).';

$txt['register_mod_you_are'] = 'You are ';
$txt['register_mod_you_may'] = 'You may ';
$txt['all_groups'] = 'Select all groups';

// default terms and conditions used on new event posts (leave blank for no default terms)
$txt['register_mod_terms'] = '';

@ HoverClub , you may want to include this in the first post, asking for language modification support :)

jan.van.gent

I've translated the files to dutch.
Someone is also going to translate it to french for me.

I'll send to files to hoverclub

hcfwesker

Is there a way to have the Registered members "Show" by default.

HoverClub

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 26, 2012, 05:38:11 AM
Is there a way to have the Registered members "Show" by default.

Not easily - you could hack the code if you know what you are doing.  The main reason why it's hidden by default is that the list could easily be HUGE with much scrolling needed to read the actual event post.

hcfwesker

Makes Sense.  But, yeah, I'm sure I can go through and find where the settings are to Hide by default and try to change them.  thanx

HoverClub

In /Themes/your them/Display.template.php

change:
<div id="attends' . $event['id'] . '" style="display:none;">

to:
<div id="attends' . $event['id'] . '" style="display:block;">

change:
$txt['register_mod_showatt'] . '\';">' . $txt['register_mod_showeatt'] . '</a>';

to:
$txt['register_mod_showatt'] . '\';">' . $txt['register_mod_hideatt'] . '</a>';

OCJ

Would be nice to have an option to show or hide by default in the settings ...

Omniverse

I don't suppose you plan to add the ability for people to make a comment when they sign up as well (similar to the other event mod)?

We would need that so people signing up can relay information about what they are bringing for the event....

Currently using the other event mod, but it has security issues, and I would like to switch, but we need the comments as well.

HoverClub

Quote from: Omniverse on January 27, 2012, 12:14:15 PM
I don't suppose you plan to add the ability for people to make a comment when they sign up as well (similar to the other event mod)?
Done - Link to Mod

Comments are not available for pay-on-registration events (they are for pay-on-confirmation though)   The comments can be viewed by the event poster and mods/admins that have event edit permissions.

HoverClub

Discovered a silly bug in the above version which is now fixed - apologies  :-[   

Please download it again if you have downloaded in the last hour or two (looks like only two people have?).

Kindred

hmmm...   does your mod have an update capability or must it be uninstalled and reinstalled?

the reason that I ask is that it is one of the 150+ mods installed on my test site and was implemented somewhere around #80...    What that means, of course, is that it is unlikely to uninstall cleanly...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HoverClub

150+ mods  ::) ::)  ... is there any SMF code left  ;D.    I'm surprised you can install or uninstall anything !

Sorry - no updater for this mod....  just try it and see (but don't complete if there is an error  ;))

Kindred

oh, heck no....   lol far too many errors on the uninstall due to overlapping mods.

I don't think I got the version that allows comments....   is that the only one with the bug?

And all those mods were set up on a test system to prove a point (originally) and now to try and see overlap and conflict between mods. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hcfwesker

Thanx for the update.  60+ MOds, and everything uninstalled and installed without an error.

HoverClub

Quote from: Kindred on February 01, 2012, 10:53:17 AM
I don't think I got the version that allows comments....   is that the only one with the bug?
Yep..

I'd be interested in the conflict list please - I might be able to move some stuff around or change the searches to improve things at the next revision.

Kindred

actually, your mod doesn't really have many conflicts (if at all)

I know there were some edits affecting the same areas of display.template and post.template... but they went in with only minor manual searching...

you can check out my test site with the event mod (without comments) in place:
http://test.turtleshellprod.com/index.php?topic=8.0
Слaва
Украинi

HoverClub

Quote from: Kindred on February 01, 2012, 12:54:26 PM
...you can check out my test site with the event mod (without comments) in place:
http://test.turtleshellprod.com/index.php?topic=8.0
I notice you are using an older version of my reminder mod - it has had some bugs fixed ::) .

Kindred

hmmm.... I just downloaded it from the mod site yesterday...
Слaва
Украинi

HoverClub

I updated it yesterday.... on your site the menu is visible to guests and it's showing the large clock icon from the previous version.

Advertisement: