unable to figure this out

Started by wade c, December 18, 2011, 08:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade c

Hello all and first let me apologize if this is in the wrong area, I am a complete NOOB when it come to this, I was tinkering with my forum awhile back with the colors and everything seemed ok till the next day when I tried to goto my site and all i get is this

Unable to load the 'html_above' template.

I have the slightest clue on what the next step would be in fixing this. any and all help is really appreciated. Thank you all

IchBin™

Did you install another theme or mod or something? Are you on a custom theme? You can try viewing your forum with the default curve theme if you are admin by typing theme=1 into your URL in the admin panel.

yourdomain.com/index.php?action=admin;theme=1

The error you are receiving typically comes from installing a theme that was meant for SMF1.x on a SMF2.x forum.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

wade c

as far as I know all i did was try changing some color codes, I am even unable to get into the admin section just to do as you suggested. I am so lost it aint even funny I guess this is what I get for doing things that are out of my realm of knowledge.

my url is hxxp:www.az4wheelers.com/forums [nonactive]

ARG01

Try replacing the file that you were editing with the original file from the SMF zip. I am not sure what file you were editing for color but it should have been a css file. Making the wrong changes to a php file can get you all kinds of messed up.

In the future ALWAYS keep a backup copy of your file before making any changes.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

wade c

Well I do happen to have a backup copy but like I said I cannot even get into the site itself to do anything at all. would I have to go thru the hosting site or? my hosting is through fat cow.

MC73

C Panel or FTP the files to replace them
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

Advertisement: