News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Auto Award

Started by JohnWayne999, December 20, 2011, 01:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

JohnWayne,

I completely understand being busy, that's perfectly fine, but telling me to pay someone else to fix something that isn't working in your program...seems pretty out of line. Not to be rude, but I didn't reply until now because your response really ticked me off. If there's a problem with the add on you've provided, that you are supposed to be supporting, why should I pay someone to fix something that is you as the creator should be responsible to fix?

I will wait for you to hopefully look in to this issue, as there's no reason as to why it shouldn't be working on my site since all awards were working up until I hit 1000. I've even gone so far as to uninstall it, removed all files afterwards, cleared the cache from the server I am on...and reinstalled a new version. Still...same issue.

If for some reason you no longer want to support your mod, you may want to have it removed from this site or notify SMF that you're no longer willing or capable of supporting it so they can mark it as such.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

JohnWayne999

Hey Dragon4, thanks for the honest feedback. I'm sorry you feel this way. My apologies if you feel insulted. Never intended.

I provide help when I can as evidenced in many previous pages. When I cannot, I point people in a direction which I personally would take if it were me. That's all. Feel free not to ask for help elsewhere pay or not pay. I totally respect it. Just to be clear though not just to you but everybody, legally and morally I am not bound to provide after service any time all times. This is just a hobby, nothing more nothing less.

My apologies again if you found anything rude from me. I was just trying to help you overcome a problem that seems to have been stuck for months, that's all. Take it easy mate. Hope you find a solution soon enough. Do let us know if you find out what the problem was, be it my code or your system.

If you find anything that happens on this board that is not in keeping with expected regulations, please kindly also raise your concerns to the moderator so they can better assist you also. Thanks.

outwork

Hi. I am using the latest version of SMF with the latest version of Auto Awards plugin. I tried to use this awesome plugin, but it is not working well. If the plugin gives the badges based on the posts number than everything is ok, but if I am trying to give badges based on the karma than did not working on the proper way (it displays all the badges, even those which milestone is not reached - for an user which has 15 karma it displays the badge which requires 2000 karma points)

Here is the Display.template.php file, which - i think - was modified on the right way, as it is described on plugin description page:
pastebin . com / Z5eapNEj
(Pls remove the spaces from the link - sorry I cant post urls)

Thank you

Uardo

I want to make it so it will display one medal after a user completes one year since he/she registered his/her account and when their account has 2 years since it was registered it will display two medals and so on year after year, is that possible please?

Thanks in advance!

TSF666

I got a question, how to change in Auto Award mode how many medals should be visible??
Please, help.

Jacek666

Just how to do appearing one medal and it was changing from time to time just as theses and 4 medals intyeresują me knows someone something?

desiamerican26

Hello John,

I just installed this Mod on my SMF Forum. I really like this one. The only issue I am encountering is that it's only showing for 1 or 2 users. Well I have seen only one user so far. It's not showing for any other users. Can you please help me out with that?

My Site: desi-american.com

Thank You
Nik

Dragon41673

I took a quick peek at your forum, and it's possible you're having the same issue I am...which isn't being resolved after numerous requests. Anything over 1,000 posts...and Awards stop working.

Check the few that are showing, see how many posts they have, then compare that to the ones that don't show. You may have the same issue.

desiamerican26

Yup u r ryt Dragon....I do see of around 3 users who have medals showing.....they have posts less than 100....but then there are other ppl who are less than 100 posts....but now showing the medals.

I want to also show medals accordingly....I am not sure if we can control that.

Dragon41673

Not sure about your issue if they aren't showing under 1000. That's where my issue begins.

desiamerican26

No Clue Frend....some ppl have medals with 20 posts....and some with same post count doesn't....but lot of users aren't showing medals at all.....

Dragon41673

Interesting...try uninstalling and reinstalling

desiamerican26

No Luck  :(... I don't even see anywhere if I need to make changes or anything. I also wanted to make it like a Newbie will get 1 Medal, and then upto 100 Posts or 200 Posts, they get the 2nd one.....

But doesn't seen like anything is working here  :o

Dragon41673

To change who gets medals per post count, you have to edit the files included. Sorry...I'm not sure why it's not working for you the way it should.

desiamerican26

Well this is kinda weird now. I changed the settings of post count. below is the code I changed with # of posts:

$medalscore = array (1,500,800,1000,1200,1675,1970,2350,3000,4000,6000,8000,10000,13000,16000,20000); and so on..... As the first code I set up as for Newbies which is 1 post, i do see most of the members having 1 post have 1 medal, there is a member who have 600+ post, I do see his medals as 2 of them according to my settings.

But Users who have over 2000 or 3000 or 5000 posts doesn't have medals as what they should be having as per my # settings. They are showing 1 Medal. Any clue why is that happening?

Dragon41673

Not sure, but even though you changed when people get medals...that's very close in amount of medals where mine stops. I think there is a coding problem but the maker doesn't want to take the time to fix it.

underc0de

Hi, I have a little question. It is possible from the admin panel add medals manually?
Because in my community we have games and I would like give medals to the winners.

Regards and nice mod!

aodio

Reading the posts... Wouldn't medals awarded be governed by the amount of awards available of file?...otherwise wouldn't you just be doubling up on medal jpg's?

aodio

Has someone cleaned up these medal jpg's as yet... would love to give it a try .. but have a black background

cheers

bod22

Is it possible to use this mod so that it shows medals only for belonging to different groups on forum, not the numer of written posts?

I mean to set one medal for each group and when a user belongs to three or more groups it has three or more different medals in his profile that represents each group. Is it possible?

Advertisement: