News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.G

How very weird. Why could this be? During the install process, it all went well.  :o :o

Suki

Are you using the latest version?

Maybe there is some kind of restriction for those videos from youtube or you have other mods that modifies urls before this mod and that is causing the regex to fail.

Other than that I'm afraid I have no idea.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

J.G

Indeed. I downloaded the latest version earlier today. I presume this to be the one currently available in the download page, right?

I know I downloaded and installed the earlier version some weeks ago, and before uploading the new version I did ensure to remove the old. Could this perhaps be the problem?

J.G

I installed it on the live forum and it works!  ;D ;D Thanks for your help. Great mod!!!

discutemexico

Hello. I am new to this and I have a big problem with your mod. I followed all the steps but videos are not shown in the messages. Instead, I see the bbc youtube tag as part of the message. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

discutemexico

Maybe my message was not clear. I installed the mod, I activated the mod and then, when I use the tag in a message, I get this:

Thanks a lot!

Suki

@discutemexico  url?  SMF version?

I cannot help if you don't provide enough info...
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Fed Drago

Installed this Mode and it works like a charm thank you for your hard work on it...

Cheers

Fed

projectmyst

Hi

I have a little problem, when i install this mod i get a gap at the top of the forum, see pic attached. Any one know how i can remove it?

Suki

url to your forum or url to a topic using this mod?

that image doesn't say much.

projectmyst

Suki

pasting?

I see no youtube video on that topic.

Can you please be as specific as you can.

projectmyst

OK. that's my bad, misspelling, the post before was meant to say "It only happens when i go in to a posting, any posting."

When i install the mod it doesn't matter if there is a youtube video on the posting or not it just adds a gap right at the top of the forum on any posting, if i go out of the posting for the home page then the gap disappears.

http://ogforum.co.uk - Home page (No Gap)
http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?board=1.0 - Random Topic  (No Gap)
http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2842.0  - Random posting (Gap at the top of the forum)
http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2547.msg34671#msg34671 - Posting with youtube on it (Gap at the top of the forum)

Suki

I see no gap and this mod shouldn't interfere with your theme since this mod doesn't edit any template, all is made via hooks and the only edits this mod does have nothing to do with any template.

does it happens on the default theme?
does it happens to all users?
does it happens with all browsers?
any errors on your error log?
Does it happens if you uninstall the mod?

Can I have a regular user account to test this further.

projectmyst

It happens with all the users, and the default theme. If i uninstall the mod then the gap disappears. I have tried with firebox and safari and i get the same thing.

Suki

projectmyst

Yep use user: OGBot password: Og12345678

Suki

It's a weird error indeed, the browser adds the space at the top, causing the whole wrapper div to be misplaced by 15 ~ 20 px,  I believe it has to do with the encoding in OharaYTEmbed.php file but I'm not sure about it since if that was the case, the space would appear in every page.

Attach your Sources/OharaYTEmbed.php file here.

projectmyst

Suki

mmm, ok, that file is normal, but some other file is on UTF8 and it's causing that space, what language are you using?

Advertisement: