Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FemR

Quote from: Suki on April 17, 2014, 12:13:03 PM
It seems the AEVA code interferes and somehow modifies the $message var so when that var gets passed to OYTE_Preparse() the tags has been already changed and so the checks this mod performs fails, easiest and dirtiest thing to do is just move this mod's code above the AEVA code:

On Sources/Subs.php find:

and replace with:

And I still don't think thats gonna solve the issue, I haven't installed AEVA in years so I don't know how exactly that mod works, just looking at the code, the call to aeva_preprotect($message, $cache_id); is the responsible for changing the message, appliying this code's changes before calling that function may r may not work, it all depends on what exactly aeva_preprotect($message, $cache_id);  does.

Thanks for the suggestion, Suki; as you suspected, it didn't solve it.
At least using YT tag works fine, so not getting autoembed is not crucial to the mod enjoyment  ;)

BTW notice how differently it tries to handle the 2 YT link formats:

Trying to post these like so:

http://youtu.be/bzw9hjmMbdA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzw9hjmMbdA

Results in these 2 forms of autoembedding once posted:

[url=http://youtu.be/bzw9hjmMbdA]http://youtu.be/bzw9hjmMbdA[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzw9hjmMbdA#ws]Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather; Who Ya Got?[/url]

I'm not a PHP coder but something works partially, I mean how does it at least get the anchor text from the youtubes?

Suki

@synewave  if you already installed it and want to install it again, then you will face several issues since you are trying to apply code that is either already there or misplaced.

You will have to follow the mod's parser: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=3268;attach=229618;smf_version=2.0.7

and check all the file edits this mod does, be sure the code changes are there, if everything is in place then you can proceed with the installation since you also need to apply the hook calls, ONLY if everything is already there.

You can also manually install the mod, do the file changes manually, upload hooks.php  to your forum root and call it via browser: mysite.com/forum/hooks.php   and copy the mod's Themes and Sources directories to your forum's root, overwriting your own Themes and Sources directories.

@FemR  It doesn't, this mod doesn't do that, thats the AEVA mod, having AEVA and this mod at the same time is not a good idea, too many things will clash and unless theres a way to absolutely disable the auto embedding part in AEVA, you will continue to have issues.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Just a quick thank you for the mod and i am very sorry for the way some people treated you here, hope you will keep it up for people like me not knowing how to code these things but appreciating and being grateful towards who is actually capable of doing it. Thanks again, cheers.

@arantor you are just a legend here, if anyone denies it well it's just because he is retarded 100%. Don't bother them, there are people like me but i'm pretty sure like many others that really appreciate what you did. You may say not too many and you would be right but people are stupid mostly, you certainly know that. The big difference is that stupid people will be stupid also in organizing their forums while smart people will be smart in that field as well. Thanks again to you as well, cheers man, smf (maybe some idiots don't but nvm) misses you.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

mantu2

Hi and thanks for the great mod.

I installed mod today and found out one slight problem. The mod changed every youtube link to a video screen in the forum. There is some topics were people wants to use just links. Now it just doesn't matter do you use tags or not - the video is in the post. What to do? I'm using latest version of SMF

Suki

Yeah, thats the intended default behavior.

You can use the old version which doesn't have auto embed urls https://github.com/MissAllSunday/OharaYouTubeEmbed/releases/tag/v1.1  the green button is a ready to install zip.

In the old verison you need to use the youtube tags for the video to embed.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

mantu2

Thanks! It works. However, there is no Vimeo link possibility. That is not making great harm because most of links are Youtube videos anyway. Is it possible to get Vimeo links to work with link option I need?

Suki

Oh yeah, I forgot the old version didn't have vimeo support.  Easiest way to solve that is by using the current version OharaYTEmbed.php file, the old and new versions are compatible so just grab that file from the current release and upload it to your Sources/  folder re-writting your old file.

mantu2

Nearly perfect. Just didn't give the vimeo-tab to writing view. How to fix that?

Suki

I'm sorry, I didn't understand your question.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Suki on June 05, 2014, 11:36:27 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't understand your question.
You are not the only one.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SaltedWeb

Hi there, did not see where it says install on other themes at install ?

My Bad I thought it was a check on the program not the theme part ooops.
But installed other theme and still no shows.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Suki

There should be a check on install:

what do you mean by "no shows"  what exactly do you mean by that.

SaltedWeb

Sorry the button in the postings  is not visible.
When you make a post no button to use for yourtube.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Ninja ZX-10RR

• If you have a custom theme you should follow Suki's screenshot

• You should check that the BBC is enabled in Administration » Posts and Topics » Bulletin Board Code

• Was the installation successfull in all steps or did it fail anything?

• Did you make any custom edits

• Mods installed?

• Error log clear or showing some errors related to this mod?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

klra

I'm having trouble installing this in 1 of my 3 forums. PHP ver 5.4 installed, SMF ver 2.0.7

All three forums are using the same themes and the mod works great in 2 of them.

But after I upload the file in the Pacakage Mgr in the 3rd forum, it wants FTP info in order to change file permissions while installing the mod.

This was not the case for the 1st 2 installs.

When I gave it the ftp info it changed my main folder permissions, crashed the forums (500 error) and my host helped me get it changed back. Installation failed.

So here's my question-

What files or folders need to have their permissions changed before installing the mod?

I can't seem to find anything different in the 3 forum folders.

Thanks

SaltedWeb

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 14, 2014, 03:55:02 PM

• If you have a custom theme you should follow Suki's screenshot

• You should check that the BBC is enabled in Administration » Posts and Topics » Bulletin Board Code

• Was the installation successfull in all steps or did it fail anything?

• Did you make any custom edits

• Mods installed?

• Error log clear or showing some errors related to this mod?

Sorry for the delay, no issues and everything is checked, no errors no real mods .
I will try a reinstall again, but for some reason its not showing up.

SaltedWeb

Maybe it was a bad download, removed and dl'd it . Reinstalled and it showed the tools to check the mod active and then was in the posting areas. So all is working thank you for the help.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Diamondcomputer on June 14, 2014, 08:05:40 PM
Maybe it was a bad download, removed and dl'd it . Reinstalled and it showed the tools to check the mod active and then was in the posting areas. So all is working thank you for the help.
If you searched directly from your forum via package manager you should be reading this --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=521782.msg3691381#msg3691381

@klra I saw your post but as I am not totally sure about the answer I'll wait for Suki on that one.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

klra

Quote from: klra on June 14, 2014, 07:13:55 PM
I'm having trouble installing this in 1 of my 3 forums. PHP ver 5.4 installed, SMF ver 2.0.7

All three forums are using the same themes and the mod works great in 2 of them.

But after I upload the file in the Pacakage Mgr in the 3rd forum, it wants FTP info in order to change file permissions while installing the mod.

This was not the case for the 1st 2 installs.

When I gave it the ftp info it changed my main folder permissions, crashed the forums (500 error) and my host helped me get it changed back. Installation failed.

So here's my question-

What files or folders need to have their permissions changed before installing the mod?

I can't seem to find anything different in the 3 forum folders.

Thanks

Anyone?

Suki

Bumping your posts after 14 hours isn't gonna make me want to help you, really.

The issue is not within this mod anyway, you have some file permissions issues and installing any mod will give you the same results as this.

Make sure you have all the permissions required: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Installing#Set_File_and_Folder_Permissions

Advertisement: