Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klra

Quote from: Suki on June 15, 2014, 09:16:09 AM

The issue is not within this mod anyway, you have some file permissions issues and installing any mod will give you the same results as this.

Make sure you have all the permissions required: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Installing#Set_File_and_Folder_Permissions

Interesting that the other installed mods did not need FTP access to change permissions when they were installed.

What files need to have their permissions changed or checked?

I can compare between forum installations to find the incorrect permission.

Suki

Probably because the other installed mods didn't require the same files/folders to be writable or the files they needed were already writable.

The folders this mod modify are the ones needed to be writable, most likely the Themes/default/images/bbc/ one.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

klra

Ok, I solved the problem-  :D

I looked compared the permissions from all 3 forums and could not find any differences.

When I looked in the forum that was having issues with the install, I saw that the forum software had left behind the fils & folders of themes that had been tested then "removed" withing the SMF Admin Theme area.

So I manually deleted the extra theme's folders/files on the server and the mod installed perfectly.

My gues is when the checkbox to install the mod into other themes was selected, it tried to go to the folders that it saw, even though the forums software didn't see them.

Steelio

hi Suki,

i was wondering if there is a way/ instructions to install this mod manually? i'm having problems installing mods via SMF's package manager so im considering using an FTP client (like Filezilla or is there something else better?).

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Also, about how to install this specific mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse but click on your version first, unluckily the MOD site doesn't support links to specific version parsed instructions =_=
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on July 23, 2014, 09:36:03 AM
Also, about how to install this specific mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse but click on your version first, unluckily the MOD site doesn't support links to specific version parsed instructions =_=

Thats not a valid link

This is the instructions to perform a manual install:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=3268;attach=229618;smf_version=2.0.8

The most important thing is getting the hooks installed by uploading and running the "addHooks.php" file.  Upload it to your forum root directory (where SSI.php resides)  and call it with your browser:  myforum.com/addHooks.php
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Sure YOU can upload that link while I can't :) because if I click on parse it will pop out only the link I provided. Thanks for your link anyway :D
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

Everyone can use that link....   I discovered it ages ago even before I started to post here...

On top of the navigation bar theres a bar with the name of the mod and a legend: "Installation Instructions for x.x.x"  you just need to copy that link.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Wtf =_= thanks for that, even though I am *very* unhappy with that. Defining it "not friendly" would be pure sarcasm. Who could ever think about clicking on the navigation bar of a research already? I really don't like it but thanks a lot, it will be very useful when I will be linking instructions :D

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

Please use this topic to discuss my modification, if you want to discuss somthing else, please do so elsewhere.

Ninja ZX-10RR

It WAS about your modification indeed! In fact the link you have provided is related to it, itself. While thanking you and asking where you could get that from I commented it without posting anymore? Can't I even comment now? Sorry but if you say that I can't even say thanks to YOU for providing something useful you are being rude.
And no one ever wanted to discuss about that link story, but comment on it yes since it was you posting it in your own topic.
Handshake and friends now? :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

You started to rant about how unfriendly that link page is.... It has nothing to do with my mod as it affects every single mod listed overthere. Thus, you should really discuss it someplace else.

So, again, if you want to discuss how awful that page is, please do so elsewhere, this is not the correct place for it.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on July 23, 2014, 09:57:34 AM
thanks for that
thanks a lot, it will be very useful when I will be linking instructions :D
It was not just rants. Can't you see it? Now I hope you did. No more questions regarding your mod so bye and thanks again :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SaltedWeb

Hi there, installed no errors however the tag only inputs   [youtube] .
Any ideas ?
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Suki

Gotta give more info.

Do you mean when pressing the youtube button or when you're inserting a video?

SaltedWeb

I thought I did lol, when you push the Youtube button it gives only the [youtube] ?
Should it not give dual brackets on both sides ?

Thanks
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Suki

Yes it should be and its what it does unless something else mess things up.

Do you have any other mod that modifies BBC? had you made any change to Sources/OharaYTEmbed.php ?

Don't really understand whay you mean by "dual brackets", anyway, the code for that part is pretty straight forward:

$buttons[count($buttons) - 1][] = array(
'image' => 'youtube',
'code' => 'youtube',
'before' => '[youtube]',
'after' => '[/youtube]',
'description' => $txt['OYTE_desc'],
);

Make sure you have exactly that on your Sources/OharaYTEmbed.php file.

Also, this mod will not work with the WYSIWYG mode.

SaltedWeb

Hi there,

I am running WYSIWYG, but it works if I add a video after the [yourtube] Videolink here.

Just the other side of the bracket normally seen [youtube\] does not show up or work if inserted.

Is there a way I can add to fix that ??

Suki

You can begin with what I already said:

Quote from: Suki on August 10, 2014, 01:35:14 PM

$buttons[count($buttons) - 1][] = array(
'image' => 'youtube',
'code' => 'youtube',
'before' => '[youtube]',
'after' => '[/youtube]',
'description' => $txt['OYTE_desc'],
);

Make sure you have exactly that on your Sources/OharaYTEmbed.php file.

And also answering my questions:

Do you have any other mod that modifies BBC? had you made any change to Sources/OharaYTEmbed.php ?

If you're using the WYSIWYG mode chances are thats the issue, it has all sorts of problems with it, sometimes the tag doens't show, sometimes it show backwards: [youtube][/youtube]  etc. Unfortunately, I won't be fixing those issue as its just a big waste of time.

Advertisement: