News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

I'm sorry, what was the specific issue?

There was several and I fixed a few but there are other cases that cannot be fixed. a link inside a quote won't be converted to a video, any link inside any other tag won't be converted either.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Aaron10

Being able to customize the vimeo URL to remove the

webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen

and change

frameborder="0"

to

style="border: none;"

so that its valid HTML5. I can do this already on the youtube URLs, just need this for vimeo. Thanks.

Also is there a chance to make an exception for the video embeds within other BBC? I know it won't work for a quote but I have the spoiler BBC tag and it would be super useful for putting a collection of videos into a spoiler rather than a huge list on a page. Here's the mod in question:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=2330

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Suki

If you have a test site, I can provide you with a beta of the next version, this package still contains the webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen but its a lot more easier to find and delete. I'm tempted to just remove that completely too.

As for videos inside tags, you could always use the normal youtube or vimeo tag for that, I can add a spoiler exception right in the middle of the auto-embed regex but that will cause more issues than anything and ultimately, people will start to ask for more exceptions.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Aaron10

Quote from: Suki on September 11, 2014, 02:01:23 PM
If you have a test site, I can provide you with a beta of the next version, this package still contains the webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen but its a lot more easier to find and delete. I'm tempted to just remove that completely too.

Yeah I have a test site with this installed so I could just install it there if need be.

QuoteAs for videos inside tags, you could always use the normal youtube or vimeo tag for that, I can add a spoiler exception right in the middle of the auto-embed regex but that will cause more issues than anything and ultimately, people will start to ask for more exceptions.

So like this?

[spoiler][youtube][/youtube][/spoiler]

If you can add it to the regex but not actually release it with the [spoiler] thing and I can just manually edit it in for my site alone would that be possible?

Suki

Its not really that simple I'm afraid

a spoiler tag not always is composed of this tags alone [spoiler][youtube][/youtube][/spoiler]

The vast majority of spoilers allows params like:

[spoiler=inline][/spoiler]

or something like that and adding all those permutations to the regex and still exclude everything else is somehow complicated. 

Matching the cases you want to match is easy, it gets complicated when you also include stuff that you don't want to match and it gets even more complicated if you have cases you want to match inside cases you don't want to match or the other way around :P

So really, the best way to play a video inside any tag is by using the appropriated tags.

Aaron10

That mod only has [spoiler][/spoiler] and no params

I understand what you mean though, yes.

SaltedWeb

Installed in 2.0.8 just fine.
But does not show in text editor in non default.

What edits are required to have it work on other theme since it didn't take on the install.
There were check boxes for the theme I am using but after install no errors, but doesn't show in editor.

Thanks.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Suki

Just going to quote whats on the first post of this topic, the mod description and the page that appears right before installing it:

Quote from: Suki on December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Attention:
On install make sure to mark the "Install in Other Themes" checkbox.

If you didn't want to follow that then you will have to manually upload via FTp or similar the youtube and vimeo images to the bbc folder inside the images folder of whatever theme you're using.

SaltedWeb

Yes, lol as my response had said ... they were checked :-)

Hence why I am writing for some assistance.

Thank You.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

I decided to uninstall it and go with another developers addon .  Have a good one and thanks.

Suki

Doesn't really matter, you're going to face the same issue... all BBC mods work like that.

Anyway this is the answer if anybody else is facing the same issue:

Quote from: Suki on September 16, 2014, 06:58:50 PM

If you didn't want to follow that then you will have to manually upload via FTp or similar the youtube and vimeo images to the bbc folder inside the images folder of whatever theme you're using.

420Connect.co.uk

Internal Server Error

Just installed this mod and it broke my forum :(

help!

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.27 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_perl/2.0.6 Perl/v5.10.1 Server at www.420connect.info Port 80
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Suki

Prob your host doesn't like SMF changing permissions to your files.

I have no idea who's your host or what kind of permissions does it need to run so I cannot really give you a straight forward answer.

Contact your host and ask them whats the proper permissions for your files, and check what are the permissions for your main index.php.

However, thats just guessing,  500 errors can also be triggered by other kinds of issues.

420Connect.co.uk

Hi Suki,

I've checked my index.php and the permissions are correct, I use Crazy Domains for hosting but I'm not sure what to ask them (and they haven't been very helpful in the past)

Do you have a list of all edits the mod makes and I could try to find / replace them as they were. :(
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Suki

Its not really about the edits, SMF modifies your main index.php  and tries to change its permissions to 777, on some paranoid host this is viewed as an attempt to break your security.

What you could do is change the permissions of your main index.php to 755 or even lower, that should get rid of the 500 problem. Unfortunately, you will face this issue  with almost every mod, even the ones that doesn't do any file edits.

420Connect.co.uk

Thanks for the reply,
I've decided to just restore my most recent backup although I'll have lost some members/posts but I'd rather that, then be offline any longer

I'm going to write myself a note to back up before attempting anything that might break the forum lol!

Suki

You don't really need to do that.

Your DB has nothing to do with this.

You just need to change the permissions on your main index.php, thats all you need to do.

420Connect.co.uk

:-[

I need to think before I click :P
I've already deleted it etc. - more angry at myself now! lol

Suki

Your issue will still be there no matter how many back ups you restore, the issue is not within your DB.

Do you have cPanel?

420Connect.co.uk

Hmm

& Yes, I have crazy domain's custom cPanel.. : O:)

Advertisement: